Lots of strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of strings

I am so tempted to do this. Any imput? http://cgi.ebay.com/BULK-GUITAR-STRI...QQcmdZViewItem
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Not a bad price, but I've never played Martin electric strings before.

My main concern would be storing them and avoiding damage. I'd much rather separate packs of strings...that is unless I was restringing 48 guitars at once and didn't have to worry about storing the strings.

Comment

I don't think those are electric. They look acoustic as the 3rd string is wound.

Comment

I'm guessing that's just a stock string picture they used.

Edit: Yep, check out their other auctions....they use the same pic regardless of string gauge.

Comment

The damage and possible corrosion is an issue. I think in my travels I could find some way to keep them good. That just seems like a good deal. I just thought of something. I could store them in a spare guitar case with those little packets or soda crackers. I am so fucking smart, I scare me.
          Last edited by fett; 06-20-2007, 08:21 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

halfers?
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              I don't think those are electric. They look acoustic as the 3rd string is wound.
              There's plenty of electric string sets out there with wound third strings. I used to play a D'Addario 10-46 set that had a wound 18 instead of a plain 17 in typical set.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

GC will probably have another deal on the 4 of July like they had for Memorial Day I got 20 set 10-46 for a $1 a set and bought another 30 set for $2 a set. As far as having them straight and buying in bulk it's a good Idea ,I use to buy Nashville straight in the 70's.

Comment

Working...
                X