Neck Joint question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Joint question

I keep hearing about guitars with a "scalloped" neck joint? What is this? Does anyone have a photo of a scalloped joint? Does my Jackson Concept have this?

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rif...tion/my_photos

Just curious.

Re: Neck Joint question

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
      Yes.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where is this mystery scallop? I have no clue what that means [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

In pic #5, it is the routed out area that the neckplate is in. It just means that the back of the guitar is a little thinner to make access to the upper frets more comfy.

Comment

I guess it is one of those things that they try out to see if it is really practical. All of my guitars are at least 10 years old, so I don't know if they still do that or not. I know quite a few of the 90's Jacksons and Charvels have that. I also rarely travel up the neck, so I don't keep track of things like this.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by etaeniura:
            In pic #5, it is the routed out area that the neckplate is in. It just means that the back of the guitar is a little thinner to make access to the upper frets more comfy. [/QUOTE

OK I see what you mean, Thanks. I wonder why only some Jacksons had this since they are so ideal for playing solos. I guess its a preference. I don't usually play higher that the 20th fret anyway so I never noticed. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Just touch that 24th fret and wank some! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Heck at least go to 22 and communicate with some bats [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My fingers are actually too large to fit comfortably at that altitude. Seriously, they are like little polish sausages. Just as a comparison, my pinky is about the size of most people's middle finger!

Comment

Working...
                X