Options 4 replacing this Bridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options 4 replacing this Bridge.

I'm looking to replace this Tonepros bridge. It has been abused and is pretty much trashed. The bass side post is actually somewhat fused/corroded and is gonna be tricky to get off. Now another problem is I'm not sure even what model version it is.

I dont have much or any knowledge of these. Been doing alittle research and it seems these come in "standard" and "metric" Depending if your guitar is USA or foreign. So this being an ESP I figure metric right?

This also would seem to be an older version with small just screw in posts that go right into the body. Now If I get a newer version that means drilling and installing which I'm not really comfortable with. (I'm not much of an handyman and live in an apt with minimal tools)

Advice on what to do or know where I can find the same model? and thanx for any input in advance.

im not too sure but was told tonepro is just modified gotoh stuff, so give that a try.

Comment

Soak in oil and keep that one if everything else is OK.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Is that a Stephen Carpenter model?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes it is a white Carpenter sig.
          The guitar looks "gigged", the previous owner didnt take very good care of it . It also has alot of paint chips, so I'm seriously considering getting it refinished. Such a shame as you rarely see these in white, if ever.

Yeah If I thought I could use this one I would, seeing as it's becoming a chore finding a new one. I drove to 4 stores inquiring if they had any but no luck.
          The notchs that hold the low strings are really worn down. The low E area has actually worn thru the top part of the bridge frame.

I could order one or grab one off of Ebay, but most I see seem to have bigger locking posts and I'd be SOL if it didnt fit. Unless I can find someone who is handy to install it for me. I dont trust myself.

Comment

Aren't saddles saddles? Why not rebuild it?
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Email TonePros and see if they know exactly what bridge it is.
              http://www.tonepros.com/products.htm
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That looks like someone took a grinder to it.
                Possibly to round off the edge so it wouldn't dig into their hand.
                -Rick

Comment

The USA (standard) bridge will (should) fit. It has the smaller posts and inserts. The import stuff like on the Morton use Gotohs with the larger posts, but Schaller has the smaller posts like that.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok cool, thnx for the input everyone. I think I found the standard version with the smaller posts on Ebay and a couple of online stores so I guess I'll order one up and keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                    X