DK2M Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M Floyd

If this floyd or its parts would break, is there any replacement parts, or perhaps even another floyd bridge to replace it with? Anyone?

EDIT: Also..how reliable/good is this floyd..really?
    Last edited by Thrashman; 06-20-2007, 06:47 AM. Reason: Meh.

If it breaks upgrade to an OFR. Odds of it breaking are very slim but if you use it a lot it may wear out in 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
      If it breaks upgrade to an OFR. Odds of it breaking are very slim but if you use it a lot it may wear out in 5-10 years.
      In other words this floyd..is pretty good? I have fairly little experience with floyds, but i know i don't like OFR's cause those finetuners get in my way... But they don't on this licenced low profile thingy since they are tilted..or w/e
      Last edited by Thrashman; 06-20-2007, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashman View Post
        In other words this floyd..is pretty good? I have fairly little experience with floyds, but i know i don't like OFR's cause those finetuners get in my way... But they don't on this licenced low profile thingy since they are tilted..or w/e
        If you like the low profile, go with the Floyd Rose Pro.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I don't see you breaking one I haven't broke my JT 580 in 14 years of HARD use.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have three guitars with JT580LP trems (two `90s USAs and a DK2M) and have had no problems with any of them. I've seen some JT500s in pretty rough shape, and some other manufacturers use pretty cheap low-profile licensed trems, but I think that the 580 is pretty solid. Especially the newer version.
            sigpic

Comment

Sweet stuff. How about replacement parts? Easy to get or are there none, like with some licenced bridges?(i have a slight feeling theres quite a heap of replacement parts out there for this bridge..but have to make sure)

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashman View Post
                Sweet stuff. How about replacement parts? Easy to get or are there none, like with some licenced bridges?(i have a slight feeling theres quite a heap of replacement parts out there for this bridge..but have to make sure)
                I believe I've seen replacement parts on some websites (guitarparts.com, etc.). Also keep in mind that the whole JT580LP trem itself is usually plentiful on ebay and can usually be had rather cheaply. I've bought 2 myself on there that came off new guitars that someone was parting out.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I see.. Well that's fairly good news.. Though, is there any other floyds that also has the finetuner screws at an angle like the JT580LP?(if you know what i mean) like schaller or gotoh or whatever..?

Comment

Floyd Rose Low Pro...

Comment

On the dk2m...if one wanted to replace the floyd w/ a FR Pro or OFR, will there need to be any work done to the body, or is it a matter of switching them out?

Also, I also am not very versed in floyd rose, can someone point me to a website that explains the differences between an OFR, FR Pro, and the model the dk2m comes with?
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

When I had my heartfielders bridge off (fr pro) and compared it to my dr3's jt580lp, and it wouldnt fit in the route. I cant remember where exactly, just that an ofr will fit, and the fr pro wont. I dont thinks its changed in the ten years or so since my dr3 was made.
                        Last edited by bibz; 06-24-2007, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          I don't see you breaking one I haven't broke my JT 580 in 14 years of HARD use.
                          I will take your quote literally and give the JT580LP on my DK2M a battering when it arrives.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                            On the dk2m...if one wanted to replace the floyd w/ a FR Pro or OFR, will there need to be any work done to the body, or is it a matter of switching them out?

Also, I also am not very versed in floyd rose, can someone point me to a website that explains the differences between an OFR, FR Pro, and the model the dk2m comes with?

1. Yes the trem can be switched ot to a OFR without problem AFAIK.

2. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679
                            My Toys:
                            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                            '94 Dinky HX in Black
                            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                              1. Yes the trem can be switched ot to a OFR without problem AFAIK.

2. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679

Thanks!!
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                              X