Floyd Rose Saddle Shims???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Saddle Shims???

Hey, Where can I get some of those little shims for raising the height of a Floyd Rose bridge saddle?? I thought they made those in varying thickness.... Can anyone direct me where to buy some of those?? or if anyone has any they would be willing to sell let me know. I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks in advance!!!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Floyd Rose Saddle Shims???

http://www.stewmac.com
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Heck, you can use all kinds of things for that, such as small pieces of aluminum beer cans. I've even used aluminum foil wound up into a nice flat little piece--works just fine, even if it's not an exact measurement. But you can experiment with different lengths of foil to achieve differing thicknesses once the foil is wrapped up. That would also allow you to correct a differing radius between the fretboard and the Floyd.

Or you can buy the shims, I guess... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

These guys have them also.

Axcessories

Comment

DIY:

/Henrik
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I just take the saddle off the bridge, lay it flat on some paper, hold it down, then go to work with an exacto knife. Works and sounds fine.

Comment

Thanks guys! I couldnt find them at stew mac. I dont know if I am internet challenged, but I couldnt locate them on stewmac.com but I did find them at axcessories.com the only problem is shipping cost will be high. its only like $3.00 for the shims, but the shipping is $7.00, WAY too much!! I will wait until I need something major to order then get them, I will post an ad over on classifieds. THanks for the help dudes!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Mucho appreciated!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

You can pick up brass shim stock at most hobby shops and metal suppliers. I think I bought a pack for a few bucks that got me 0.001", 0.003" and 0.005" sheets.

Comment

At Autozone I bought some self adhesive aluminum sheets, about 2" X 4" (unsure of the thickness, but are pretty thin) that are used to shim brake pads. They were only a couple bucks.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                  X