Neck/Tuner help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck/Tuner help!

So I just bought a nice Jackson neck, 24 fret, reversed headstock, piranha frets. I also bought Sperzel Locking tuners for it. The only problem is the tuners don't fit on the neck at all! they have these little things that prong out and they don't line up with the screw holes on the back of the Jackson neck. I just wasted a lot of money on these tuners and it sucks, can Jackson's only have Jackson tuners? Are there any locking tuners that will fit on my neck comfortably? Anyone wanna trade?

Here's my neck if anyone needs/wants to see

Gear:
    none

Drill new holes

Comment

You don't need screws. Pull the guide pins out of the Sperzels with a pair of pliers, they come out real easily.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        You don't need screws. Pull the guide pins out of the Sperzels with a pair of pliers, they come out real easily.
        Will they stay in place? I feel like they could spin around or what not if nothing is holding them in good. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by slash View Post
        Drill new holes
        Maybe if it comes down to it, I don't want to fuck up the neck and resale value
        Gear:
        none

Comment

Nah, they'll be fine. All you have to do is just tighten the nut on top and you're good to go.

Comment

Or, if you were going to install these things for a living, you could buy one of these!

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...Drill_Jig.html

A little pricey for a one-time install though...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I'm in the same dilemma with my Schaller/Fender locking tuners. Do those guide pins pull out easily as well?

Comment

Hmm, not sure about those.

Comment

So, why the big to-do about locking tuners on a neck that will have a locking nut?

Comment

The neck is for a string thru body. I'm putting a different nut on it to sort of turn it into a regular neck. So the locking tuners are a must have.

Here's the nut I'm talking about
                    Gear:
                    none

Comment

Working...
                    X