pickup replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup replacements

Who has experience with the Screamin Demon, Full Shred and Dimebucker? I'm looking for pickups to fulfill my prog/power metal needs. I have said in the past that the Distortion is the best metal riffing pickup out there. And I still believe it, but I also like trying new things. Also what have you guys experienced to be good mid/neck combos with these humbuckers?

Re: pickup replacements

I have a Screamin Demon in my model 4, but it is in the bridge position. I think it sounds very good-good treble bite without being harsh, and enough clarity while still having a good amount of distortion. It is not a high output pickup-about 10.0K or so. Basically, if you listen to Lynch, you know what it sounds like.

Comment

How would you compare it to the JB? I didn't really care for the JB's high's and upper mids. It could be almost shrill even though it was in a maple set neck/mahogany bodied guitar. I'm afraid that if I put it in the model 4, it might be a little harsh.

Comment

I have never used a JB before-waiting to find a good deal for one on here or ebay. The only thing I can compare the Screamin Demon to is the stock pup in the 4. It is not as hot, and less of a "metal" tone-more rock and bluesy type tone-a little more middy without being harsh or muddy. THe stock model 4 pup seemed like a one-trick pony to me-just a straight 80's metal tone (not a bad one at all!) I think the Demon is much much more versatile-then again, I only play in my living room.

Comment

Working...
        X