Bowed RR pickplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowed RR pickplate

Is there a cure for a slightly bowed pickplate on an RR model? It's not too noticeable until you look at the guitar from the side. Just wondering if this is a common problem and if there's an easy cure for it without adding more screws or even worse, glueing it back down. It's a Performer model btw.
    E = Fb

Re: Bowed RR pickplate

i have the same problem on my RR5. like it bends away from the body so you can jiggle it and shit. i dont know, ive tried unscrewing the 3 screws that hold it on, but they are screwed in so damn tight, that no matter how much pressure i put on them, the screwdriver jumps and strips the screw, so im just gonna leave it be.

Comment

My 93 RR1 has this problem, but my '02 RR1T has an extra screw in the middle of the control plate that prevents it from bulging out.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
        ive tried unscrewing the 3 screws that hold it on, but they are screwed in so damn tight, that no matter how much pressure i put on them, the screwdriver jumps and strips the screw, so im just gonna leave it be.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That doesn't sound normal bro. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it's not a huge deal to me but I'm a little suprised that this was not addressed somewhere in the manufacturing process by adding another screw. I think I will try to add some double sided tape to underneath side of the plate and hopefully enough of the plate will overlap the body and make contact with the tape.
          E = Fb

Comment

Working...
          X