Installing A Kahler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing A Kahler

My axe has a licensed Floyd rose on it (locking only at the neck) and I was wondering how much work is needed to install a Kahler(Hybrid 7200 is the one I have in mind) in it?

Noah

TO do it properly: Fill the old rout, rerout for a Kahler, refinish.

The woodworking can be done in a day if you stick at it and know what you´re doing

Comment

How much routing would I have to do?

Comment

Don't do it sell the guitar and buy one with a Kahler. You'll probably find it for less than what you get for your guitar, Kahler guitars go for less the there Floyd ones.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the 7200...did you get the numbers reversed, i.e. 2700?

If so, I have a 2700 I put into one of my guitars and it's and excellent trem. Lots of steel for a killer tone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            I'm not familiar with the 7200...did you get the numbers reversed, i.e. 2700?
            no, he got it right. Kahler has a cheaper "Hybrid" model with the 7200 series. Other than being around $100 cheaper than the 2200 and 2300 models, it has a "top secret mix" cam and a brass roller. Haven't had the chance to use it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
              Don't do it sell the guitar and buy one with a Kahler. You'll probably find it for less than what you get for your guitar...
              I doubt it. I got my axe used for $150. It's a great axe, great deal.
              What guitars have Kahlers on them? B.C. Rich is the only one I know of. I see alot of Fenders with Kahlers on Ebay and that's it.

Comment

Old Charvel model series (1986) all had Kahlers.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

What kind of guitar do you have? Charvel model with a Kahler on are out there, I even own 2 and I don't care that much for Kahler. Also almost every Major brand in the mid 80's had Kahler on them Gibson,Guild,BC Rich,Ibanez, Ect.

Comment

If this is a recessed Floyd you're replacing, forget it. Kahlers need neck angle.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                    X