Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass wah

Hello

I play my guitar tuned down to B standard, which is a pretty low tuning. As much as I love my Bad Horsie wah wah, the pedal won't affect the lower notes on my guitar, meaning that the sweep only is heard almost on the top of it, just the high-mids and highs, no lows.

So I'm looking into a bass wah, switchless, of course. My options are the Morley or the Crybaby. But first of all, I'd really like to know if using a bass wah on a guitar tuned down will work for my purpose, which is getting full "wah" on the lower strings as well as a nice bite on the higher strings.

Let me know guys!

that's weird, it should work very well with low B

and the Vai's tune Bad Horsie is played with 7 string anyway
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I never liked using a wah for bass myself..I've used an bass envelope filter before..for a littler while.

I bought a Dunlop Bass wah years ago and thought it sounded like shit with my bass..seriously.

I wasn't tuned to B in those days..we were just a half step down w / a drop D hipshot..at that time..like VH.

Happy huntin'.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I heard... but, I am not the one who has used it, that the Ibanez Demon Wah was pretty good with the low frequencies.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
        X