My Floyded guitar WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Floyded guitar WTF

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: I just got a very sweet Sqiuer Stagemaster neckthrough. I can't imagine what's wrong.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Either the guitar is not in tune, or your springs are set up, out of whack. If it's the second, it's gonna take a bit of trial and error: Loosen the strings a tad, tighten the spring claw screws, re-tune and see where you are. Still not level?, then do it, some more. Go too far, and now the trems the other way?, loosen the claw a bit and re-tune. Essentially, you want the trem's base parallel with the body (or a SLIGHT forward tilt, depending on who you talk to. I always set mine parallel.) Take your time, be patient, and you'll get there. See, Aren't guitars fun?!
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I'll try that.

Comment

It looks like the bridge screws are a bit too far down in the body too.

Comment

Ooh, yeah. Didn't see that. Good catch, cause when he levels out that trem, he's gonna have to raise those posts up.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

It's silver BTW.

Comment

you guys really think fett needs help with a setup??

Comment

That's so crazy... :ROTF:
                Last edited by S-man; 06-15-2007, 12:29 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                  Either the guitar is not in tune, or your springs are set up, out of whack. If it's the second, it's gonna take a bit of trial and error: Loosen the strings a tad, tighten the spring claw screws, re-tune and see where you are. Still not level?, then do it, some more. Go too far, and now the trems the other way?, loosen the claw a bit and re-tune. Essentially, you want the trem's base parallel with the body (or a SLIGHT forward tilt, depending on who you talk to. I always set mine parallel.) Take your time, be patient, and you'll get there. See, Aren't guitars fun?!
                  Could also need another Spring in the trem. Try putting another spring in first.

Comment

some one puts 10's on it, needs another spring.
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Once you get that one setup I would like to a review on the guitar. I have been curious about those and have seen them dirt cheap on the bay.
                      Scotty
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I can tell you right now, those things are a hidden treasure. They go for cheap, and play great. I tried a few out, years ago, when they were in the stores, new, and wish I'da grabbed one up, then. Gonna be one of my next guitar purchases.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

That, to me, looks like the perfect setup not only for correct intonation, but to guarentee the floater returns to -0 after a great dive-bomb .... oh, wait ... that ones not set up for great dive bombs ... so, whammy effects with the trem ... thats cool ..... hard on the strings tho, id think .....

hahahaha

+1 ... I agree, great hidden treasures they are .....
                          My gear can be seen here

http://www.myspace.com/kevinspeace

or here ....
                          http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/kevinspeace/

Comment

Now you can do crazy DragonForce style pull-ups

Comment

Working...
                            X