Guitar Switching boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Switching boxes

Seems like you could do that with 2 volume pedals....one for the POD and one for the DI,then you could easily blend the two at the same time as well.

Re: Guitar Switching boxes

Yes,

There are many ways that I can do it, but I would like to step on one button and switch automatically. That way, I can end an acoustic solo and hit a power chord or finish a lead and go into an acoustic broken chord without having to dance with multiple pedals and switches.

I guess I can pay Bob Bradshaw to design one, eh? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Guitar Switching boxes

I'm looking for a guitar switching box and was wondering if anyone knew if such a device exists at a low cost.

I am not looking for an ABY switch. I have one of those and it doesn't do what I need it to do - let me explain.

I have an Ibanez RG620x, which has both magnetic pickups as well as piezos. I don't want to sum them up on a single output jack of the guitar. I want the pickups to go to my POD and the piezo to go to the board. I need a switch that will have 2 ins and 2 outs, with each in corresponding to it's own out. This way, I can have either magnetics going to pod or piezo going to di. Also to have both at the same time would be cool also, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

The only other way would be a Gracie stand with an acoustic on it, but I want to bring as little equipment as possible.

So, does anyone know of such a beast that is reasonably priced?

Thanx,
      Peter

Comment

So you want the box to switch between two different circuits? You could make it yourself if you have any skill with electronics. It wouldn't take much, a housing box with holes for inputs/outputs and two 1/4" stompbox on/off switches. You would simply make two seperate on/off switches and place them close enough together that you can hit them with one stomp, turning one off and the other on. You can put a piece of metal across the top of both switches so they can't work independently.

Comment

Maybe I don't understand correctly what you are trying to do, but it sounds to me like you need two output jacks on the guitar. Then using your pickup selector or another switch on the guitar, you could just switch between which pickups and outputs are selected.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Rick,

Think of it this way. I have 2 different guitars going into 2 separate rigs. I want to be able to step on a switch on the floor to go between the two.

Even though I have a switch on the guitar to pick between the two, I prefer to do it on the floor.

Comment

Do you have two seperate outputs on the guitar? Or a stereo output that truly sends two signals? There would have to be independent circuitry for both pickup configurations, they could not share tone/VU or anything else. Even an output jack. Flicking a switch only changes which pickups go to output. You could have an A/B box and flick the switch and hit the box at the same time to select different pickups into different amps, but a footswitch alone won't do it unless you have seperate outputs.

Comment

Well since you don't want to do the 2 volume pedal thing,here's a ghetto way of doing it :

1.Get 2 a/b boxes (same brand,model)
                2.Set em up side by side.
                3.Cut a pice of wood (or anything tough but not heavy enough to push down the pedal) that's the same distance between both pedals and stopping just to the outside of the middle of each pedal.
                4.Get 2 velcro discs and apply one side to each pedal and under the piece of material you chose.
                5.Set up your rig and switch one of the pedals on.
                6.Affix the material across both pedals attaching it with the velcro.
                7.Click away on the material and you can switch between both rigs and pickups at the same time.

8.(Optional) Paint the piece of wood something wacky like a guitar playing Darth Vader or something cool like little glow in the dark stars,cuz you wanna be a star right?

9.(Optional + Brownie points)Paypal me 19.95 and I'll send you the amazingly complex plans to this brilliant design on a budget.Impress your neighbors!Impress their pets!Hell,impress yourself!Greatness shall radiate from your mighty toe taps...you will laugh with idiotic glee and possibly even drool on yourself as you watch the people turning shades of green,the projection of the total envy they have at your newly discovered ability!

10.(Bonus)Order in the next 14 seconds and you'll receive absolutely free :
                1 toothpick
                3 Used earplugs
                6-pack of broken high E strings (9 gauge)

And finally your choice between:
                A 10% off coupon at S&M Mart and Leather World in San Francisco or a free butt-waxing at any Sperm Salon location in Santa Monica [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Drugs just kicked in, huh, Evol? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Waddaya mean "just" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Right around #8 I'd say.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

btw, the guitar has 2 separate outs - one for magnetic and one for piezo. I may have found a company that will make one.

Thanx,
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker:
                          I may have found a company that will make one.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll gladly make you one like above,send me two a/b pedals...and your sister [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't pay more than maybe $40 for the damn thing. It's not a real custom piece. There is no fancy wiring involved.

Comment

Seriously, you could get the parts at radio shack fopr probably 20 bucks including the box. You could even put little colored LED's on it to make it look cool. I used to make little fake "turbo boost" buttons to put in crappy cars when I was a nerdy teenager for like 5 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X