Fret Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret Dress

OK guys I just recently got a nice V for $300 but it is fretting out between the 15th and 19th frets from the high e to the g string.

Its a Hamer made in Korea. Nice neck and all but I think it needs a fret dress.

I have not done a fret dress before but I am debating on whether to try it myself or bring it in and have it done here in MNPL which costs $150.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Dave Rusan does a great job on any repair. Call him I think he's in the book or he's at the Edina GC every Saturday I think 11-2 .

Comment

Thanks!
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I just called GC and dave won't be in today you can also call Mr. Mark in Anoka if that closer for you fret dress is $50- $100 depending onwhat is needed. I also need a fret dress on my favorite guitar.

Comment

Depends on whether you value your time or your money more - I do everything myself whether I know what I'm doing or not but I'm weird

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            Depends on whether you value your time or your money more - I do everything myself whether I know what I'm doing or not but I'm weird
            heh, great minds think alike.

a paint job on my bass was going to cost over $500, i said hell no! so i did it my self.
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yes I understand DIY but when your talking a old guitar that seem to always be going up in price it's better to have a Pro do it than hope you do it right yourself. If you screw it up it'll cost you a lot more than the originial repair would.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                Yes I understand DIY but when your talking a old guitar that seem to always be going up in price it's better to have a Pro do it than hope you do it right yourself. If you screw it up it'll cost you a lot more than the originial repair would.
                hmmm....... no it doesn't that bass was only a few months old. pros,:ROTF: most guitar techs are idiots and scratch, or fuck up anything they touch.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I was talking in general and if you don't know a good Luthier than ask around . I've seen some horrible refin job done by idiots that thought thet knew what they were doing.

Comment

give a man a fish, feed him for a day. teach a man to fish feed him for life..........

Comment

I'm not saying what I do is always the best thing to do, it's just the way I do things. I'd rather learn myself and potentially waste money then have someone else do it and certainly waste money.

Comment

Tools are not going to cost much less then a fret job. Plus you don't want to bugger it up. If you have a cheap guitar to practice on and plan on doing more in the future, it's one thing. But if this is a once in a long while thing, take it to a luthier.

Comment

Working...
                        X