measuring/setting action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• measuring/setting action

Hey, I want to adjust the action on my dk2m (lower) and was wondering if there is a standard height I should aim for. Also, what does everyone use to measure the height of the action on their guitars? I know what you're all gonna say, it's all about what you like and feel...I'm just trying to get a ball park idea.

Thanks
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

I measure between the top of the 12th fret and the bottom on the low E string. Then the same for the high E string. I use a rule that measures in 1/64" increments. I generally shoot for 4/64" on the low E and 3/64" to 3.5/64" on the high E. This varies from guitar to guitar, but that's the general ballpark. I don't like high action, but don't like it super low either.

Comment

Stew mac has a string action gauge that I use :

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Me...ion_Gauge.html

Comment

Working...
      X