Building a project guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a project guitar

Just sold my Ivbenhad Universe 7 string , So i'm building a new guitar for myself.

So far I decided on a 22 fret bolt on maple neck , ebony fret board, 25" scale,basswood body, fender hardtail bridge(brass I think)which I got for $9 canadian about $6.88 USD and its from the 70's still in the original package, tusk nut,1 humbucker (undecided on what kind),1 volume (might be a push pull pot,wired so when its pulled out it will be like a blower switch) and of course a strat headstock. So now I need to decide on a body color. i'm thinking maybe viper blue?

I'm going to be taking pictures of the whole process and I might post them here if anyone would be interested in seeing it happen.

If any one has any other suggestions on the project let me know.

Re: Building a project guitar

You got a steal on that bridge. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Keep us informed on how it goes. As to the colour... whatever you like I guess. You're going to play that guitar, so whatever suits you is cool with me.
      Good luck on your project.

Comment

If you mean a "blower switch" like the switch Mad Max had on his car that turned on the supercharger, those don't really exist. A supercharger is either attached to the engine or not. When they are installed they are always running.

Comment

The Mad Max car's blower wasn't even functional. It turned, but wasn't hooked up to the intake.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Orange would be a nice color, you don't see orange used that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ace:
              If you mean a "blower switch" like the switch Mad Max had on his car that turned on the supercharger, those don't really exist. A supercharger is either attached to the engine or not. When they are installed they are always running.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When i said blower switch i mean when its pulled out its straight pickup to the output jack .like tom anderson and others have done in the past.Not like mad max's car </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never heard it called a blower switch before. I thought it was a strange analogy, a true bypass would be more like a NOS boost than a supercharger. Or more like turning off the traction control.

Comment

[img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                  [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When i said blower switch i mean when its pulled out its straight pickup to the output jack .like tom anderson and others have done in the past.Not like mad max's car

Comment

ok , here are some pics i took awhile back of the stuff i had bought for my guitar. I started the body today (i'll post pics later) i started the neck also but i only have the truss rod channel routed so far (i'll post pics of that later to).for color i cant decide between purple or hotwheels flames. As for the pickup i have a old no name humbucker in double cream that im going to put in it till i can get what i want.

Comment

Here's a pic of the rough cut body.(there's nothing like cutting out a body with a jigsaw!LOL)The neck pocket still needs final sizing.The dark spot on the lower horn is just pencil lines and the hole in the top of the body is from where i had the template screwed on (and hopefully it will end up in the pickup cavity).The top contour is kinda where i want it ,i want to leave as much wood as i can i think ,how much it would affect the tone i dont know.Any theory on that?

Comment

Basswood "breathes" so seal it well.(add chambers if you can)Many woods have killer tone but it is more of a pickup/wood combination that has been the most effective.(IMO) [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Plum crazy would be SWEET!

Comment

Originally posted by Venom:
                            there's nothing like cutting out a body with a jigsaw!LOL
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Been there, my friend! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It works but takes some time and patience to clean up and true up the sides. Take your time bro, it's looking good!

Dave
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                            X