Floyd Rose with piezo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose with piezo

Besides Ibanez, is there any Floyd with a Piezo on it_ Has anyone tried the Ibanez guitar that comes with it? Where can I find more info on this trem? I allwasys liked the idea of a Floyd Rose trem with a piezo sistem on it .
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
    Besides Ibanez, is there any Floyd with a Piezo on it_ Has anyone tried the Ibanez guitar that comes with it? Where can I find more info on this trem? I allwasys liked the idea of a Floyd Rose trem with a piezo sistem on it .

I would also like to know. Fishman makes replacment bridges with piezos in them for everything except a floyd Wonder if it would be possable for me to modify one? Hmmmmm

Comment

I guess not many more people are in to this.
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

I would buy one.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I live 20 mins from the Fishman plant and I happen to go there yesterday to replace the powerchip that died on me.

I asked about a 12 string bridge and/or a wrap around in the works, the guy told me the 2 most common questions they get are that and a Floyd replacement and unfortunately there are no plans to do so at this time.

So I got straight from the horses mouth, sorry guys.

To me though, if they get that many questions, why don't they do it and just charge a little more. He said if Gibson came to them and said we'll buy 500 pieces of such and such bridge, then they'd do it,
          but if you get that many questions about it, I'm sure you could sell 500, just not all at once.
          Kind of annoying.

Comment

Well........ there you go!!!!
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
              I live 20 mins from the Fishman plant and I happen to go there yesterday to replace the powerchip that died on me.

I asked about a 12 string bridge and/or a wrap around in the works, the guy told me the 2 most common questions they get are that and a Floyd replacement and unfortunately there are no plans to do so at this time.

So I got straight from the horses mouth, sorry guys.

To me though, if they get that many questions, why don't they do it and just charge a little more. He said if Gibson came to them and said we'll buy 500 pieces of such and such bridge, then they'd do it,
              but if you get that many questions about it, I'm sure you could sell 500, just not all at once.
              Kind of annoying.
              You may not be taking into consideration licensing agreements with Floyd Rose.

It's quite possible that the agreement limits companies strictly to their current design. Any variations may lead to a costly renegotiation of said license. Probably more costly than the supposed demand is for that particular item. Hoshino (Ibanez parent company) has enough capital to absorb a cost like that. Smaller companies like Gotoh or any other licensed Floyd makers probably don't have the moolah.
              Last edited by Tekky; 06-14-2007, 10:16 AM.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Somewhat unrelated but I have the Ibanez RG model with the Double-Edge Pro bridge. Mine is the MIDI model, but they make one with the same bridge with piezo output. It tracks fantastically well for MIDI so I would imagine the piezo would be equally good.

I also own an EBMM Petrucci with piezo pickup and it sounds stunning through the PA.

Comment

Maybe on the floyd I could understand that, but what about a wrap around or a 12 string bridge?
                  Companies pump out knock offs of those all day.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt View Post
                    Somewhat unrelated but I have the Ibanez RG model with the Double-Edge Pro bridge. Mine is the MIDI model, but they make one with the same bridge with piezo output. It tracks fantastically well for MIDI so I would imagine the piezo would be equally good.

I also own an EBMM Petrucci with piezo pickup and it sounds stunning through the PA.
                    My lead guy has the same guitar (EBMM), sounds great, that's what got me to go get the fishman in my LP.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
                      Maybe on the floyd I could understand that, but what about a wrap around or a 12 string bridge?
                      Companies pump out knock offs of those all day.
                      Going back to your statement before about selling 500, maybe not all at once...

What would it cost to develop a working 12-string piezo bridge? What would it cost to produce them? (keep in mind that tools, dies, jigs, whatnot needs to be developed as well for mass production)

Add those costs up (and a few more that I'm sure I haven't figured into the mix like marketing the product), figure into the mix what their profit would be, and before you know it, you've got a great idea that may not be cost effective.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, but the thing I think you guys are getting is... I WANT IT!

Comment

Dag gum enter button got in the wrong place, so, I FINISHED typing and resent it down below.

please feel free to delete this if need be.

~k
                          Last edited by USA Fusion; 06-15-2007, 04:56 PM.
                          My gear can be seen here

http://www.myspace.com/kevinspeace

or here ....
                          http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/kevinspeace/

Comment

I emailed Floyd Rose a while back and informed them that I despise all things Ibanez, but really wanted a piezo-loaded double-locking trem.

They replied that Floyd Rose has no plan whatsoever to do a piezo-loaded Floyd.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have an Ibanez RG2020X-TB, which has the Double Edge Pro with the LR Baggs peizo system on it.

I love having the versitility of having the peizo onboard with the dual outputs. Basically, when I play this guitar live, I run the magnetic output straight into my pedaboard then into my Boogie amp. The peizo output goes into my Trace Acoustic TA-100 concert amplifier. When you flip the toggle on the guitar from peizo to magnetic, it automatically switches between the 2 outputs. This was the first year they offered the piezo. The years to follow had a 3 way toggle in place of the 2 way ... and an additional pot was a blender between the mag & piezo.

Tonewise, the average listener would not know the differance between the two ... I think most people can tell between the the Ibanez piezo and my acoustic on me, because stylistally, I approach the 2 (acoustic and electric) completely from opposite ends of style ... and for some reason, I just cannot play the same style on the wrong instrument ... retarded, I know ....

Im not sure what brand piezo Ernie Ball uses on the Petrucci Sig, right off hand ... but, at least last time I played thru one, I didnt hear anything jump out at me that reigned superior over the Bagg's unit on my Ibanez.

I have seen a couple of the Double Edge Peizo setups sell over on the 'Bay in the neighborhood of $300 to $350, last I was keeping up on them.

Ibanez wont sell it by itself either ... I tried that route for an Import Jackson mutt/project/mule I've had in the works for a couple years.

~kevin
                              My gear can be seen here

http://www.myspace.com/kevinspeace

or here ....
                              http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/kevinspeace/

Comment

Working...
                              X