12-string tremolo bridges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-string tremolo bridges?

Are there any double-locking trems made for 12-string electric guitars, or are they impossible to imagine due to the fact that you would need 12 individual locking saddles which would be very narrow?

Re: 12-string tremolo bridges?

You better patent that thought and get to work man!!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Just like PowerTube and his wicked triple-stacked humbucker idea. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know of any.

Comment

Are there any double-locking trems made for 12-string electric guitars, or are they impossible to imagine due to the fact that you would need 12 individual locking saddles which would be very narrow?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plus, you'd need way more than the standard 3 springs behind the trem to counteract 12 strings...at least all 5, or maybe even more!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Ibanez made a couple 14-stringers for the guys in Korn, I thought they had their Edge-type Floyd, but I can't really remember now. Maybe they did have hardtails? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The guitars were basically 7-strings with doubled strings for each... wide-ass fretboard!!!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, a 14-string guitar... gives me an idea... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I've seen 8-string basses but never a 14-string guitar before. I wasn't even aware that Korn had some since they're always slinging around regular 7-strings.

Comment

Yeah, I saw a picture of Munky with a 14-string in the back of GW magazine and they were detailing the rest of his gear. I read a little of another interview one time last year where it said both he and Head had one or two made and they were experimenting with those. I've gotta see if I can dig up the pic of Munky with his. Can't really remember if it had a trem or not. It was pretty wild, though, from what I remember!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The saddles are the least of your worries. Do you know how much tension 12 strings create? It's hard enough to keep bodies from buckling. I don't think you could create a Floyd type tremolo that could withstand the tension. Plus you'd have to be pretty strong to divebomb.

If you pull it off, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X