new strings...changed colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new strings...changed colors?

I just restrung my guitar..bakc up to Standard E tuning (was in C) with some D'addario Heavy bottom light top string set.

They're nice...and very resonant, but....It's weird..its only been two days and the 3 high strings seem to be turning a copper toned color.

what gives? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

not a big deal..so long as its not a precursor to them going to shit on me. They play fine...they just look funny...It's mostly where I've been playing the most...I guess. around the 7th fret and down.

Re: new strings...changed colors?

I've had sets of strings from D'addario on my guitars for years-literally, and they have never changed colors other than to get that dull gray look tot hem. Try cleaning them with some string cleaner or a little alcohol.

Comment

It probably has to do with the acid content of your sweat.

See this link:

Confucius say: He who sweat...you get the idea
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I'm with the previous two posters... Sounds like something on your hands (do you wash 'em before playing?) or something in your sweat is doing something to the strings. I'd also recommend wiping down the guitar after finishing too if you don't already. I've used the light top heavy bottom d'addarios for the past 3 years now and I've never had this problem.

Comment

Remember that old thread about who washes his hands or not before playing? Hell, eat a bucket of KFC and go for it, makes the bending easier. I once dated a chick who liked to undulate all over a guitar of mine, was kind of a turn on, and she always left a coloration change on the strings [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I noticed the same thing, but it's usually when I'm ready to change the strings anyway. I think using any sort of string cleaner would solve the problem. If they sound good to you, what difference does the colour make? If you're afraid they may break when least expected, change them more often. Heh, not every 3 days I guess? Use a string cleaner then.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
              I once dated a chick who liked to undulate all over a guitar of mine, was kind of a turn on, and she always left a coloration change on the strings [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Err, that's uhh... cool, I guess [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] On that note, one of my friends once said that he was "practicing legato technique" on his girlfriend. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Remember Sam Kinnison's advice on how to perform cunnilingus? You "lick" the alphabet on her. Guaranteed to work every time.

I like getting body fluids on guitars, the chicks dig it! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                  I like getting body fluids on guitars, the chicks dig it! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the chicks like seeing you get your body fluids on your guitars, be sure to put it in the seller's description if you decide to sell those guitars... I don't want to be getting any extra "mojo" that I wasn't expecting! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I once had a girl ovulate on my strings. Left them red.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                      I once had a girl ovulate on my strings. Left them red.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Real-life blood drip paint scheme for you hardcore guitarists out there. Beats out Vai's DNA guitars that had a drop of his blood mixed in with the paint, doesn't it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X