Clear All

• Question about which Musikraft neck (or other brand?) i would

order for this 92' Jackson Dinky 24 fret? Does it have to be a special
    jackson 4 hole drill pattern? Or do they come NOT drilled, and you match
    any 24 fret neck up later? I was thinking of having a optional maple
    neck for either this Saturn Dinky, or my 06' PC-1 ? Although 90%
    it would be for an optional Saturn replacement. Any thoughts or
    opinions, or links to where to go, greatly appreciated ! Thanks

You might be able to send them the gasket and they'll match the hole pattern/spacing to that, but that leaves a pretty good bit of leeway.

I'd order it undrilled, and get a couple of really good clamps to drill it yourself once it's on the guitar and the Es are strung.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I second ordering the neck undrilled

Comment

Musikraft drilled the "standard Fender 4 bolt" neck holes on my strat head neck I just received, and they're dead on for my Model 2.

Comment

What companies will do a similar headstock to Jackson? I was looking myself for a replacement neck and all that most people seem to do are strat heads which won't really work for what I want. Warmoth do a nice one but I'd like to see some more options.

Comment

google is a good resource
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah, if you want a billion results that have squat to do with what you're looking for
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you have to be specific and know what your looking for, it is kind of like the search function here.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I did a few searchs and all I seem to get are Warmoth,eBay and Ed Roman for any kind of Jackson ish replacements. I know stew Mac,Moses Graphite, WD and a few other companies do replacement necks but most are basic stratheads. In the projectguitar forums there are links to a few more sites. I saw a link to some really cheap strat ones there. I know a guy who might build me something but I'm not sure how much local luthiers would charge for this kind of job.

Comment

mjwcustoms, i'm currently getting a neck for my dinky build by him. I looked around and as you said, unless you want to get a custom neck there isn't a whole lot out there. You could try pick up a replacement something of ebay that has been salvaged from a previous jackson, but as far as new customs go talk to this guy. I'm getting mine done to my exact specs (stainless steel 6100 fretwire, ebony board, floyd nut routing, jackson pointy head painted black) and it's only costing me $225. He does all custom woods and inlays ect and is excellent in terms of communication (must of sent at least 20 emails discussing exact details, and he's sent pictures of the work in progress)

heres the website http://mjwcustoms.4t.com/index.html (he also sells guns parts if your interested)

Comment

Originally posted by thesoloist View Post
                      mjwcustoms, i'm currently getting a neck for my dinky build by him. I looked around and as you said, unless you want to get a custom neck there isn't a whole lot out there. You could try pick up a replacement something of ebay that has been salvaged from a previous jackson, but as far as new customs go talk to this guy. I'm getting mine done to my exact specs (stainless steel 6100 fretwire, ebony board, floyd nut routing, jackson pointy head painted black) and it's only costing me $225. He does all custom woods and inlays ect and is excellent in terms of communication (must of sent at least 20 emails discussing exact details, and he's sent pictures of the work in progress)

heres the website http://mjwcustoms.4t.com/index.html (he also sells guns parts if your interested)
                      THANKS !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X