Jackson active vs EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson active vs EMG's

I have a Charvel 650xl with active H,S,S. I get a nusiance deep n' low feedback from this guitar when in the H position, playing at live levels. It's way worse if I have the mid boost cranked. I have to quickly backoff the volume when I'm done playing. Of course it's on the amps high gain channel too. It's not even a useful high pitched feedback you can use to your creative advantage.
    My trusty no-name sticker guitar with an EMG89 produces a similar high-gain output but I get nice squeal feedback that builds up. It's very simple to control with a palm mute or slow vol control.

Anyone else have difficulty with low feedback and Jackson actives? Perhaps my pickup has gone microphonic?

Re: Jackson active vs EMG\'s

Unless the Charvels of that era were different from what I've seen, the pickups are not active -- it is an active preamp, gain boost or mid boost more thank likely. The active electronics on my used Soloist Pro didn't work, so I had them removed and went strictly passive. The pickups worked fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Soloist Pros had active electronics? What about an Archtop Soloist Pro?

Comment

The original Soloist Pro had an active electronics section. Later versions did not, such as the Soloist XL, Standard, etc. The AT Soloist Pro was always from the factory with passive electronics.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
        X