Losing Pickup Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Pickup Output

I've been having an odd issue with the bridge pickup on my Washburn. The past couple of days the output would drop on it when I switched back to the bridge from the neck pickup. Now it seems to be stuck like this; its giving roughly half the output, almost like its coil tapped. However the pots are all fine, and the bridge pickup works fine. And on the bridge pickup, the Tone seems to act like a second volume where when I roll it back it doesn't cut the output completely, but it seems like its barely putting anything out. It does not however do this on the neck pickup. Both however ar ebuzzin glike hell, the bridge worse then neck it seems. So what could be going on here? The electronics are set up like this: Humbucker - Humbucker, 3 Way Gibson-style toggle, a volume control for each pickup, and a master tone.
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM.

Check the toggle. Could be a dirty contact or a sticky contact (not closing completely).
    -Rick

Comment

Also check to make sure there is no exposed bare wire or shielding. If there is make sure it can't contact anything else, and cover it with electrical tape. I was having this problem and the ground/shielding from the pickup wire was moving and grounding the output from the selctor switch.

Comment

Sounds like the 3-way switch to me also, but could be the Vol. pot or even the pickup possibly?

Comment

I think its the 3 Way Switch. I poked it with a screwdriver and moved it around some and it worked. So I guess I'll spray it with some contatc cleaner and see if it helps.

Comment

Hellfire. Boy. With all the problems you have had with that Wasburn, you ought to sell the neck and make the body into a Washboard.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              Hellfire. Boy. With all the problems you have had with that Wasburn, you ought to sell the neck and make the body into a Washboard.
              Heh, for $150, if I can put it on ebay and make $250 on it, it will be worth it

Comment

I twas the switch; I put a little contact cleaner on it as a quick fix until I feel like putting in a switch.

Comment

Working...
                X