Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started spraying next project

HI Folks
    Sean Raff gave me this SD body at the weekend and although i put off doing it for 3 years because i love this metallic candy red colour...he has convinced me to do something else, besides there were plenty of chips in the body work so it was enough to get me started.

Sean has my nephew's SD body which i finished during the winter months and he has yet to post it, i can't wait for you to see that one!

More than likely, I will be using the eerie dess paints on this body as we have some left, may try a different colour base, he has left it entirely to me to use my artistic licence, you know what that means?
    What would you guys put on it?

I think you should do a metallic candy red colour...
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

satin gun metal grey

Comment

That red is frickin sweet. Stick with that color.
        Tim

Comment

Ack. I would've left it original.

To each his own, though.

Comment

Paint it Gretsch Orange.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

yeah i would have left it original but he insisted he hates it!
              well i have just sprayed it metallic blue and it is actually gorgeous!
              shreddermon, i too would have left the original colour as some things should be left well alone and best with the original....i will let Sean read your suggestions and know i was right in the first place, despite the candy red now gone!

Comment

Here it is, metallic blue, i used a fine grain mix metallic...it is 2k, am waiting for it to dry, not sure if i got the mix right with the hardener!
                Last edited by 24seven; 06-07-2007, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I hate to bring this up. But are you sure that is an SD body and not a model 2? The wood in the neck pocket is awefully white, indicating basswood. Plus no black magic marker around the edge of the neck pocket and no writing?

Comment

model?

Originally posted by mudkicker View Post
                    I hate to bring this up. But are you sure that is an SD body and not a model 2? The wood in the neck pocket is awefully white, indicating basswood. Plus no black magic marker around the edge of the neck pocket and no writing?
                    Sorry i have no idea about guitars, i am the artist on this project, it is Sean's guitar you can p.m him and ask....I do know it is not basswood.

v

Comment

Yes, it's a 1987 Model 2 that had a JT6 on it. My fault for 24seven's confusion, I keep telling her it's a San Dimas style body. She's not a guitarist, she's the artist.

I do like the original metallic red/burgundy, but it was so badly chipped and scratched something had to be done. I'm going to source a one piece birdseye maple strat head neck for this and fit an OFR and an EMG 81.

I have no idea how this will turn out, I've left that to 24seven, I interefered with her artistic freedom too much last time (Eerie Dess Model 2), so now she has free reign.

Comment

that candy red was not original on Model 2's I thought. just ferrari red.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Have any pictures of the entire guitar in that blue? Maybe its just that pic you posted in blue, I didnt like that. Maybe a full shot in good light will show us your work better. But I really dig the red. IMO

Comment

Here is a full shot, you can see me in the reflection....I am giving it a week for the paint to harden then i need to wet flat it off, I don't have the best spray gun but i have done a car body work course so know how to finish off the finish, the ripple orange peel will disappear with wet flatting.

Last edited by 24seven; 06-09-2007, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Nice work V. Can't wait to see it finished and all back together.
                              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Working...
                              X