Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have problems with EDS finishes chipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have problems with EDS finishes chipping?

Howdy, I have a '90 USA Fusion in EDS that is chipping like crazy. I dont mean little chips either...I can pull off large chunks of finish straight to the primer coat! Is this normal for old EDS finishes?
    heres a pic of me pulling on the finish

Re: Anyone have problems with EDS finishes chipping?

yep...ken (warrior x7)

and stop pulling on the chips, you'll go blind!

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Im trying not to pull at it, but its like a scab... you cant help yourself to pick at it until it bleeds! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I have that Warrior right here and I am chipping the remnants off. That finish really has some issues. The top transparent clear coats were applied to a different type of finish that has a texture like shielding paint. There is nothing for the top coats to bite into, so they seperate. I notice on this Warrior that the paint had begun seperating around the tuner holes. I think one could inject superglue or finish in the seperations and fix the problem.

Comment

The '90 one I had did the same thing... it's getting refinished. I also had a '98 that didn't... maybe jackson had bad paint one day?

Pete

Comment

Wasn't there a member whose EDS started chipping after getting some contact cleaner on it?

Comment

Working...
            X