Jackson JE1200 Earthing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JE1200 Earthing Problem

I need help badly!!!!! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] I`ll have no hair left soon!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I`ve just installed said Pre amp into a Charvel Model 4 (The Original one was removed years ago)which I have removed from my own Model 4. The problem is that when the Volume is on and all the switches are in the off position, all I get is a loud earthing sound. Normally, in the off position, I obviously ground the signal but I can see no way of doing this within the Stock circuit. Is this normal?, I don't remember this problem with my Model 4 (or my model 6 years ago).
    MTIA

Re: Jackson JE1200 Earthing Problem

by chance did you put the copper tape down and install the pots through it and ground to the tape? i know that everyone that i have seen that had the elec./preamps and such all had that tape.
    just a thought [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

In the off position the signal should not be sent to ground, it should be disconnected. There should not be a ground off your mini toggle, simply an in and out. Also check to make sure that your bridge ground is intact. The copper tape has nothing to do with installing the preamp, but many techs and repair people will go ahead and shield a cavity as long as they are working in there with the pots out.

Comment

I decided to put the Preamp circuit back into my Model 4 and guess what, apart from slight signal bleedthrough at higher volume levels, no buzz!!!
        I then tried the unit back in the other model 4 (I`ve screened it with copper tape) and the buzz is back!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

If you want I can email you pics of both my model 4 and my 650 Custom cavities. Both have the preamp and are shielded, but the Model 4 has the 3 mini toggels and the 650 has a 5 position blade. PM if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
            The copper tape has nothing to do with installing the preamp, but many techs and repair people will go ahead and shield a cavity as long as they are working in there with the pots out.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i just meant that all the guitars i have had with the preamp orig., used the copper tape as a common grounding point.
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
            X