Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True bypass on a Morley ?

Hi

I wanted to know if it's possible to have true-bypass on a Morley Bad Horsie (MK1) pedal, and if it's doable by myself.

not that I am aware of.

Comment

Oh ok...

Here's the deal, I really dunno if it's up to tru bypass or not.

Thing is, that when I'm on the clean channel on my Carvin V3 head, and I hit the wah, all of the notes played when the pedal is in the high position (the nasal, brittle place, toe down) it adds a volume boost and it kinda distorts the channel, making it very unpleasant.

It also makes the high freq's sound terrible and piercing and distorted. I need it to be "clean" all the way.

When I do this on a crunch or distortion setting it's not very noticeable, specially on the distortion setting The crunch gets a bit of the volume boost/gain.

Help ?

Comment

I think I used to own that exact same pedal. Its not true hardwire bypass but I thought it was pretty transparent. isnt that the one where its off if you take your foot off and turns on just by stepping on it? No switch.

I used to own the cheap Dunlop crybaby. The pedal was always on. NO way to turn it off. My bro installed a different switch in it and it became true bypass. I think the original switch was a SPDT (single pole dual throw) and you got to install a DPDT (Dual pole dual throw). But it does take some electrical background to figure out the connections.

In the morley, it can be tougher cause there is no "switch" to turn it on/off, if I am not wrong, its a servo-motor or something. I could be talking out of my ass but you get the picture.

I had a thread asking about true hardwire bypass OD pedals. IN that, I had suggested a outrageous setup for the "non-true-hardwire-bypass" pedal. Maybe if you are desperate, you can adopt it.

Sam

Comment

If it's not from the bypass maybe it has to do with the buffer circuit in the pedal. In their site they say that there is a buffer circuit in the pedal that maintains the signal level in both bypass and wah mode.

Just a thought.....

Comment

Working...
          X