Acoustic/Electric Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic/Electric Problem

Last December I think I purchased a Dean Exotic Andes from a forum member(btb007 thanks again man) and the problem is this. Whenever I plug the guitar into an amp I can never get any sound. I think I've ony got it to work right once or twice, I've tried it on other amps and it isn't just a problem with my amp. I just can't figure out why it isn't working, any help would be appreciated thanks.

Re: Acoustic/Electric Problem

Is this a battery powered electronics system or is it passive(no battery?)

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

If it has a built in preamp and uses batteries, There's some mechanical device in the jack of the guitar to turn the preamp on when you plug a jack in.

I have an acoustic electric with preamp. Sometimes it's hard to push the plug in... and once I pushed it in really hard.... After that I got no output from the guitar at all.

So I figure that the mechanism for turning the preamp on must be broken or something, so I opened the guitar to check. After I twisted around with the contacts in the jack, there's been no more problems so far.

So, check that if you've got a preamp and good batteries.

Oh, this is only for guitars that have electronics that are switched on by the presence of a jack... obviously.

[ March 24, 2004, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: mt ]

Comment

Yes I have a preamp and the batteries are good. Perhaps I'll have to fiddle with the inner workings of the jack then.

Comment

It is most likely a bad jack or bad solder joint. If it has the jack in thre end pin, they sometimes get twisted around and can screw up the wiring. should be a pretty easy fix.

Comment

well I checked the jack and it seems to be fine, any other suggestions?

Comment

Well I seem to have got it working, though now I broke a string [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X