Weber Beam Blocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Beam Blocker

Anyone know what material Weber Beam Blocker is made of?

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: Weber Beam Blocker

Some sort of textured plastic I would guess. You could also make one out of a rubber glove or condom over a knitting loop, just like a homemade pop filter. Of course, being round helps to diffuse the sound, whereas being flat would make the sound bounce back into the speaker.

So, if you could find a 4" diameter plastic ball (kid's softball, etc) and cut it in half, cover it with a condom or rubber glove or even some spray-on sound diffusion stuff (auto/stereo shop), and a bracket, you've got the same thing for more money [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Weber - barbecue grill manufacturer
      Beam - "Everything follows the path of the Beam"
      Blocker - a football position

hmmmm. I'm having trouble getting my head around this one. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah Newc, clearly as a DYI dude i just gotta make these things myself. Just wanted to know if the material was soft or hard. I take it that the cone should spread the sound and not absorb it, so the material must be hard or semi-hard.

I don't buy your condom idea. I'd hate the smell of rubber everytime i hit a chord [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Henrik
        Henrik

Comment

...at its most expensive, it's $20. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] totally missing something here... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
            Just wanted to know if the material was soft or hard. I take it that the cone should spread the sound and not absorb it, so the material must be hard or semi-hard.

I don't buy your condom idea. I'd hate the smell of rubber everytime i hit a chord [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Henrik
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then you've answered your won question regarding the material density [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And just how much air does your cabinet displace that you would smell the rubber? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

And the reason for my DIY reply was because most people who inquire about these things usually follw up with "is that material readily available to make my own?" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              ...at its most expensive, it's $20. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] totally missing something here... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Money is not the issue here, Sir! Joy is. The joy of creating something useful with otherwise useless parts.

/Henrik
              Henrik

Comment

Working...
              X