Pickup termonology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup termonology

I'm not real tech saavy on pups, so could someone explain some stupid questions for me. What is "f spaced" and what's the differece between trembucker and regular humbuckers. I'm sure there are other types that I can't think of right now.
    Thanks

Re: Pickup termonology

F-spaced = trembucker spacing

F-spaced is Fender's/DiMarzio's way of describing the polepiece spacing on their guitars, while trembucker spacing is Seymour Duncan's way. Both generally describe bridge pickup spacing, whether or not you have a trem-equipped guitar or not. Got a Floyd Rose? Get a bridge pickup that is F-spaced/trembucker spaced. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

F-spaced (a Dimarzio term) is the same spacing as a Trembucker (a Seymour Duncan term), both indicating that the pickup poles are slightly wider to match up with the strings of Floyd Rose-equipped guitars. The spacing on these, and I believe most Fenders, are slightly wider than the "regular-spaced" pickups as found on Gibsons plus many others.

In practice though, I don't think the spacing of the pickups makes much difference, unless the strings are way off.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Uh, yeah, what he said. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It's just something used to sell pickups. It doesn't make a hill of beans difference in the sound. Some purists may argue but to my ears it doesn't matter.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy:
            termonology
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Guy's.....Ron, you finally got me. It was just a matter of thyme

Comment

Now I can finally rest! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I do'nt think soo. Theirs stil alot of work to be don, Run.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

No, I mean, I'm going to bed now! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

You said that almost 7 hours ago [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Henrik

Comment

Your point?

Comment

Never mind [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good morning, RacerX.
                          Henrik

Comment

Good afternoon!

Comment

Working...
                            X