I'm looking for a wha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a wha

Hi! I think that my next pedal will be a wha, but i don't know what it could be the better for hard rock, metal genre. I was told to buy the crybaby, but some people told me that the wha mechanic becomes out of work in about an yearm and the replacement costs about 50 $. So they told me to take the morley wha, saying that it has the SAME SOUND, but a laser wha mechanic. I'm not sure that the sound is the same, so i ask to you if is a good choice to take a morley wha instead of the crybaby. And have you got other wha pedals to suggest?
    "And we will always be so much more human than we wish to be..."

Well, I own a Morley Bad Horsie 1, it's awesome. It has the Crybaby kinda tone, to me it's better. And, it's switchless, so you don't need to "step" on a footswitch to turn it on. Just step on the pedal and it's on, remove your feet, and it's off. It's spring loaded. The Morley has electro-optical technology (not laser) and yeah, it works kinda like your computer mouse, so to speak. No pots to wear out.

Comment

Just buy a Cry-Baby. Why mess with the original?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Cause the Crybaby and most wah's are clumsy to play with LIVE.

I mean, if I'd were to buy a wah just to play in my room, I'd probably get a Clyde McCoy VOX or an RMC wah. but since I hate pressing that footswitch with my toe, since, most of the time it won't turn off or on AND, what's worst, you start the wah with the sweep already UP, so you need to go down and up... pretty weird actually, they should change that, put the footswitch on the heel.

If you need to play live, get an awesome piercing and organic wah, get a Bad Horsie, works for me, I play death metal, metal, hard rock. Works for Steve Vai too, hear his wah sounds.

Comment

Oh, grow up. If it was good enough for Jimi, it's good enough for you.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            Oh, grow up. If it was good enough for Jimi, it's good enough for you.
            ha
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I have the Bad Horsie 2- just like the Bad Horsie described above, but has two modes- one 'regular' and the other adjustable.
              Jimi didn't have the technology available back then to have a quiet wah....and Morley has been making badass effects almost as long as Vox! There's a reason they're a bit more money- they work better! I have a Little Alligator volume pedal, too- Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                Just buy a Cry-Baby. Why mess with the original?
                Because it's too bright and thin sounding. I actually own two Cry Baby wahs... one is a limited edition with copper casing (it doesn't get used any more, just sits in the box), the other had a vocal mod done by Jgcable to sound more like a Vox, and it's awesome!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                  Well, I own a Morley Bad Horsie 1, it's awesome. It has the Crybaby kinda tone, to me it's better. And, it's switchless, so you don't need to "step" on a footswitch to turn it on. Just step on the pedal and it's on, remove your feet, and it's off. It's spring loaded. The Morley has electro-optical technology (not laser) and yeah, it works kinda like your computer mouse, so to speak. No pots to wear out.
                  Dunlop makes a switchless Crybaby... the 95Q. I had one for a little bit, it was cool being able to change the Q frequency on it and have a volume boost.
                  http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...p_and_e_detail
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ok but i my doubts about the crybaby are that it desn't work with the optical system, but eith a mechanic, so you have to change it after some uses, and the gear is expensive, so my guitar master told me to buy a morley which has the same sound but also he's got a optical system. your opinions?
                    "And we will always be so much more human than we wish to be..."

Comment

Well, I believe Morley made switchless wahs famous.

I would get a VOX Clyde McCoy in a blink of an eye if they made it switchless. I had one, and it's the best sounding wah I ever had. Had to sell it 'cause I couldn't play with it live.

Comment

Working...
                      X