Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any D-extender machine heads out there to retrofit Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any D-extender machine heads out there to retrofit Jackson?

Looking for a D-tuner like the Hipshot Xtender or Sperzel D-Thing to quickly drop-tune to D. Will anything retrofit a standard Jackson machine head without drilling extra holes in the headstock?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Any D-extender machine heads out there to retrofit Jackson?

Dunno about those, but you can put a D-tuna on your Floyd.

Comment

Well, that actually wouldn't work, since it will be going on one of my Jacksons with a TOM/stoptail. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Will a D-tuna work on an RR1 equiped with a floyd?

Comment

Yes, but the trem needs to be blocked in order for it to work properly. EVH's are non-recessed Floyds so they actually rest on the body for divebombs only.

Comment

The D-tunsa DO work correctly, but may require a setuo by a Peavey dealer or a tech that is very familiar with them, especially if you change string guage.

Comment

even with a blocked floyd type i find the D-tunas dont work right,
              TJ i dont use those d-tuners like the hipshop. everyone i know whos had one it never worked right. even after its setup it just doesnt work right. my friends ibanez with TOM when he D-tune with the hipshot U have to go back & drop the pitch slightly more. if youve got a TOM bridge i would spend the money on sperzels or something else, D-tuners suck. it takes what about 5-10 seconds to d-tune. & i can do dropped D with a floating floyd, in the time it takes my friend to get his hipshot tuned to dropped D properly.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for the advice, Jamie. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I've had a few Carvins with the Sperzels and think they're pretty cool. I've been thinking of maybe trying the Schaller lockers, too. Schaller makes great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X