Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this really make a difference or is it BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this really make a difference or is it BS?

anybody hear of these:

http://http://www.tonetail.com/index.html

I'm currently wrapping over my stoptail now, but would the Aluminum really make my LP Classic sound $60 better?

It will sound different for sure. Better is subjective. I put a TonePros Aluminum tailpiece on my Historic 59 and it was an immediate and obvious improvement to me - better sustain and clarity. YMMV.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

excuse my message board ignorance, but what is "YMMV"?

Comment

Your mileage may vary.
        -Rick

Comment

ha, ok.

Comment

Do a search on the Les Paul Forum. Most people seem to prefer it.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/se...archid=1191753
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              It will sound different for sure. Better is subjective. I put a TonePros Aluminum tailpiece on my Historic 59 and it was an immediate and obvious improvement to me - better sustain and clarity. YMMV.
              What year was your R9, because all newer Historics come stock with an Aluminum tailpiece from Gibson. I'm thinking it was 2001 when they switched,

I have a TonePros on my Classic Premium Plus, and I put a "pigtail" brand tailpiece and steel studs on my R0. I love my R0, it's my #1 for everything.

I put and Aluminum tailpiece on my 2002 LP Std., but switched back to the heavier zinc. I wan't to swap this out for a pigtail tailpiece and steel studs as well.

Did it make a difference using the lightweight tailpiece? Who knows, but I feel better. I like the steel studs a lot.

Comment

I have used the lightweight tail pieces a lot and it does improve the tone.I found it increased the acoustic tone of a L.P.More open sounding and quite louder too (unplugged).All this is magnified when plugged in.I tend to wrap over the tail piece it gives more string to tailpiece contact which sounds better to me.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  What year was your R9, because all newer Historics come stock with an Aluminum tailpiece from Gibson. I'm thinking it was 2001 when they switched
                  Mine is a 2000 R9. It most definitely did not have an aluminum tailpiece.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a 92 LP Classic, 60's neck

Comment

Working...
                    X