Which strings are the best for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which strings are the best for you?

What guitar strings do you prefer for sound? Actullay i'm using d'addario strings, but i want do test DR strings and dean markley. Did you used theese? Did you like theese?
    "And we will always be so much more human than we wish to be..."

I used Ernie Ball Power Slinky(11-48) they were good but, now I play
    DR Tite Fit`s (11-50) and they have a better feel to it, the tone is
    the best I`ve ever heard and they last !!!

Love them!
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Ghs boomers feel good to me. closest feel to that of the DR tite fits that i've seen between all the major string brands.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I used Dean Markley for a long time and about 6 months ago I switched over to Ernie Ball.

Comment

DR Tite Fit 9s. These are the best strings I have played yet. However I put Ernie Balls on my less-played guitars (Namely my Squiers) and they are great as well. I find the DRs to last longer and do better with dropped tunings though.

Comment

I use D'addario or GHS, they're good strings.
            Light Lies Trailer
            www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
            www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

+1 for DR Tite Fit 9-42. I've tried a bunch like everyone else I suppose. GHS Boomers are a nice standby as well as EB's. I've resolved myself to using only these three as I can always find at least one of them on the shelf when I need them. I like the DR's best, followed by Boomers, then EB's. Sometimes I have tuning stability probs w/the Boomers but they sound good. Just don't last as long. They're dirt cheap to use for experimental purposes in a pinch. So are the EB's.
              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68908

Comment

There's a wonderful feature of this board called "Search".
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                    Ghs boomers feel good to me.
                    +1

Comment

Used Boomer 9s, for years, but broke alot of strings. Got back into the game, switched to Super Slinkys, and can't remember the last time I broke a string. Right, for me.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've used Ernie Ball's since the family started marketing individual strings. Later the packages came. I can't believe I used to buy my strings individually. I have used all the other's, the DR's are nice, the Boomers, Fender's, DM's and so on. It's all personal preference. I buy the Ernie Ball Slinky's or Power Slinky's in those brite flourecent packages, because I can see them! Man, I'm getting old.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I've loved GHS Boomers for over 18 years....

Are there other strings out there?

Comment

GHS Boomer 10's for me.

Comment

DR coated strings.. have the "Blue" ones on my Blue/yellow CS HRF,
                              and black' ones on my black quilted PC-1.. i love em! Smooth
                              for sliding, and they seem to last twice as long. Plus im not turning
                              my unfinished maple neck black on my HRF like i was with EB pink
                              package strings. Twice the price...but well worth it imo. Next for
                              me will be some Elixers

Comment

Working...
                              X