Buzz Feiten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Feiten?

Hello, folks. I would like to know your opinion about this tuning system. Is it worth buying it? How much does it cost incl. the labour? Does the tone improve? And should I bother?

Thank you for your advices.

Re: Buzz Feiten?

What does this have to do with USA Jackson's?
    I believe Washburn has the rights to this system.

Comment

Not sure why ya posted it here but I have it on a Washburn NX3. Can you purchase it for a Jackson?

Comment

Im a Buzz Feiten Authorized retrofitter..
        There is a MSRP for labor on all retro-fits.

Additionally, know this, the BFTS conversion on a
        locking nut, especially a rear mounted locking nut is VERY costly as well as acoustic guitars.

If you need more info on pricing, please contact me or any other BF Authorized retrofitter.

As far as Washburn owning the rights to them...
        You'd have to ask Buzz.
        But from what I understand, the ownership of BFTS is a 3 man operation that has licenses to certain guitar manufacturers.

Peace.

Comment

Since your a retrofitter can you tell me about your/other players reaction to the retrofit. Is it that drastically better? How is it in comparison to the Fretwave system?
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

well, I have not used the fretwave system or seen it in action so i really cant compare.

To my understanding tho, the fretwave has an adjustable nut where as the BFTS nut more like a traditional nut (a bit more bulky due to design)

As for design, i think the BF looks better IMO.
            And for non locking nuts, its a non intrusive retrofit as well.

I dont know about the fretwave, but on the BF, they say that once its set up and intonated that the player should not change string gauge and size or tuning or it will affect the intonation..

So if a player has a particular guitar that is set up the same all the time its a great idea, but for those who only have 1 guitar or so that needs to be used in in diferent settings, I dont recommend it.

Comment

How is it compared to the Earvana nut system, if you know? I've heard great things about both.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah crap!
                Thats what I ws thinking the
                fretwave was... Earvana..

Ok ok ok..

My above comments were related to Earvana NOT fretwave.

I confused the two... somehow [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                I have no knowledge of the fretwave system.

sorry guys.

Thanks for the post Toejam..

Comment

Thanks guys. I am changing tunings, and don't have many guitars, so I guess this system is not for me. Maybe when I ger rich, I'll buy a KV2T tuned down 1,1/2 steps, like Tony Iommi did on his SG - then I'll put a buzz feiten. What about the graph tech frictionless nuts? Are they better than the conventional bone nuts? I mean, is the friction that much lower?

Comment

Yamaha's Frank Gambale sig. with Fretwave:

Comment

Some more info on the Fretwave for the lazy ones (taken from their site):

'Straight frets force all the notes on the guitar fretboard away from their correct mean temperament pitches by varying amounts. This means that in many common chords the notes are too far out to sound in tune with each other.

The FRETWAVE system is a new and remarkably simple fret structure that corrects certain crucial notes by very specific amounts which allows ALL chords played to be much more harmonically consisten'.

Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have a Washburn Nuno N4 w/ the BF system. It works incredibly well especially when playing clean chords w/ open strings or chords up the neck. I use that guitar if I'm recording clean parts since it just sounds more in tune. I have never been able to find the part of the guitar that is somehow modified though. I guess it's the locknut but I can't really tell much of a difference as far as looking at it.
                        Tom

Comment

Tom, it IS your nut that is modified. The length from the nut fretting point to the 1st fret is slightly different on some of the individual strings. Is that not visible or measurable on your Nuno?
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Wow! That guitar looks scary!

Comment

Originally posted by vwall guitars:
                              Ah crap!
                              Thats what I ws thinking the
                              fretwave was... Earvana..

Ok ok ok..

My above comments were related to Earvana NOT fretwave.

I confused the two... somehow [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                              I have no knowledge of the fretwave system.

sorry guys.

Thanks for the post Toejam..
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, ok. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X