X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 Trem question

According to http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm
    The first pic I'm showing is a JT-6.
    The second pic is a JT-6? on a Model 2.(thinking about buying it)
    Why are the G,B,e string holder different from the E,A,D ?
    I don't know squat about JT-XXX trems
    just asking.

This pic is off the audiozone site.

This is on a model 2 I'm looking to buy

Looks to me as though the E, B, G string "keepers" were lost and were replaced with studs that look OFR style. The D,A,E saddles are original to the JT-6.

Comment

The guys asking $300 for the model 2.
      If I was to haggle the price, what would be a good starting point,
      only pertaining to the odd string holders?

Comment

Actually, it looks like the tops of the string locks are broken off on the bottom 3. It's a JT-6 for sure though. Aside from that, the Model 2 looks in nice shape.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

It's worth $300. If you pass, drop me a line or send him my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
            Actually, it looks like the tops of the string locks are broken off on the bottom 3. It's a JT-6 for sure though. Aside from that, the Model 2 looks in nice shape.
            ???

No... Just replacement blocks.

Comment

NV may be right. They could be broken off. They do look a little irregular besides just being smaller, but I'm not sure how they'd break. Also, you can just replace the original big JT-6 string locking blocks with smaller ones like OFR or Schaller and they work fine. You might be able to haggle him down a little, but it's not a biggie imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                NV may be right. They could be broken off. They do look a little irregular besides just being smaller, but I'm not sure how they'd break. Also, you can just replace the original big JT-6 string locking blocks with smaller ones like OFR or Schaller and they work fine. You might be able to haggle him down a little, but it's not a biggie imo.
                Yeah, there's really no way those actually could break. That piece of the metal on them doesn't actually do anything; it doesn't have any stress on it. And breaking 3 of something that wouldn't break exactly the same would be crazy.

As far as the guitar, that's a little weird looking but if it was me I wouldn't really care. Haggard gear that wails is way better than good looking shit that sucks. Of course, it's on ebay and you can't actually know if that guitar wails, but it's cheap to change anyway if it doesn't suit you aesthetically.
                Last edited by nsubulysses; 05-21-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the JT-6 trem is that the 'string keepers/clamps' cause my hand to rest higher on the trem than it does on a OFR. I tried changing to normal OFR clamp blocks, but they are slightly wider than the saddle slot of a JT-6 so they are either a very tight fit or no-fit in the saddle. I did a couple guitars where I sanded down the sides of the floyd blocks to fit, was kinda a pain.

So what I did on later guitars w/JT-6s was simply take a dremel to the JT-6 clamps and hack off the upper portion. I usually do this at a height so the remaining block piece sits lower than the saddle top (like on a OFR), so mine look like the block in the "B" string. The posts in the pic may have been 'dremeled', thereby causing the varying look they have.

Finnman: I still have some of the orginal JT-6 'string keepers' I removed, so if you buy the guitar, PM me your address and I'll mail you 3 of them

Comment

Nice looking model 2.$300.00 is a steal.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

finnman is getting hooked up by MountainDog. Buy it!

Comment

Working...
                      X