Ontario routes and Sustainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario routes and Sustainers

Just learned something new. There are atleast two sizes of large 'Ontario' routes. My space graphic mutt is a '87 Strat style body and the cavity is approximately 1/4" smaller along the whole lower edge and tapers from 1/16"- 1/8" smaller along the right hand side from my '88 Soloist. The Sustainer circuit board has a hard time fitting into route while placing the mini switches in an appropriate location and leaving room for the switch and two of the three pots. I really can't believe they didn't mount the switches on wires so you could manipulate location of the board. So, if anyone wants to add a Sustainer to a late 80's Jackson, you may want to check the route size and location of your 5 way switch before buying one and be sure you can fit the circuitboard assembly in there.

Re: Ontario routes and Sustainers

So what do you plan on doing Jim? Are you going to do some work to the sustainer unit or did you just say the hell with it and not install it?

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I haven't decided yet. I wont modify an unmodified guitar (carried over from my Fender ethics). The mutt was already modified, so it was no sweat. I am thinking about putting the switches on wires (like they should done in the first place), but I may just put it aside and wait until I get a guitar that I can put it in that is already modified or another option may be get a new control plate and install the switches on that. I don't play out, so it shouldn't be a major problem. Then I could put it in a soloist and revert it back to stock if I want to.

Comment

Interesting, I actually took a mini Barcus Berry preamp and removed the in and outputs from the curcuit board and attached wires so that I could obviously reroute the signals so I could instal it right in the control cavity. It wasn't bad at all to do but I have no clue as what the curcuit board you have looks like either so I guess I'm no real help to you...... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
        X