Kahler Pro Flatmount trem help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Pro Flatmount trem help

first Kahler in a LONG TIME & i still hate them.
    how can i put big strings tuned to standard on these things. i usually use 10-52s & havent had luck with any Kahler & that heavy of a string. is there a spring adjustment underneath or do I need a heavier spring. if so where can I get one. Please help, i hate Kahlers but this guitar is awesome. but if i cant put the string im used to, its gonna have to go byebye....
    BTW right now its setup with 8's & its horrible.

Re: Kahler Pro Flatmount trem help

There is a spring tension adjustment screw on top of the cam right next to the bar tension adjustment. It takes a 5/64" allen wrench and you turn it clockwise to increase the tension and raise the bar. You should be able to put 10-52s on it no problem as long as you adjust the spring tension accordingly.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Your flatmount Kahler can handle any gauge string you want to throw at it. There are 2 springs under it and they can be replaced. Kahler even made a kit to convert it to a fixed bridge by replacing the springs with steel bars.

Comment

They also made a heavier spring so you could put heavier strings on them and get more of a Floyd Rose feel. Last i knew, axeparts.net had some.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
          Your flatmount Kahler can handle any gauge string you want to throw at it. There are 2 springs under it and they can be replaced. Kahler even made a kit to convert it to a fixed bridge by replacing the springs with steel bars.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmmmmmm......... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jgcable:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmmmmmm......... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh oh...Dave is gonna pounce on this now.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Let me know Dave....

I think that Doc Dryer has (or used to have a source) for the heavy Kahler springs...you may want to give hime a buzz [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

cool beans thanks guys, BTW JG try putting 12's on your Kahler....if it hasnt been converted to a fixed bridge.

Comment

Working...
              X