Where to buy pots for EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy pots for EMG's

Hey guys,wut's up.I am installing EMG's that I had laying around in 2 of my guitars.I know these need 25K pots and a stereo output jack,is there a place I can buy a couple of sets of these?Thanks.

Re: Where to buy pots for EMG\'s

I believe one option is to order them from EMG directly (at least if you're in the US). What I did was go into the nearest music store and ask if they had any laying around, and they did (talk to the tech guy, not the salesmen).

'bane

Comment

www.guitarpartsdepot.com

Comment

Excellent,thanks very much guys.

Comment

I'll step in for Ron on this one.You mean stereo input jack. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
            I'll step in for Ron on this one.You mean stereo input jack. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but can you spell "dropping" ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I agree with 'bane ask a tech at the store you frequent. Ask him if he has what you need.This way you will look like an interested player/tech type and not a complete tool.Also ask him for tips on how to do things right the first time.This gives the tech the "big head"and earns you a little respect and next time he might turn you on to some cool tips or parts he has stashed away.Tip 2 don't bug the @#*! out of him every time you go in there. If he sees you say hi but mainly don't be a pain in the ass.It takes a little time but the rewards are well worth the effort.I've landed some very cool vintage pickups hard to find parts and several SD charvels this way.And made some freinds too!!. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually,I have only met the tech who sets up my guitars once.The store is a mom and pop store but has a great rep for repairs and setups.He seems like a really nice guy and it does make sense to be on his good side.Sorry about the "output jack",I always view things in terms of signal flow.Thanks for all the helpful tips.

Comment

I'm sorry Ron really! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I call it an "output" jack as well. The signal is indeed flowing out of the guitar thereby making the jack one of outputedness. Unless you have some jive-assed guitar that takes an incoming signal...

There are input jacks on the front of my amp and output jacks on the back, too. But that's another story.

You say toe-may-toe, I'll say toe-mah-toe, just call the whole thing off! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I may have some extra 25K pots and I know I have extra stereo jacks. I am usually taking EMGs out of guitars rather than installing them. Shoot me an email.
                    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                    X