Out of phase crosstalk with EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of phase crosstalk with EMG's

I am getting crosstalk with my EMG pickups. I have 2 Rhoads showing this behaviour, one with 85+85, the other with 81+85. Both have no tone control installed. Only 3-way selector and two volumes. If 3-way selector is on the bridge position and i turn down the bridge volume 100%, while the neck volume is up 100%, a thin, out-of-phase-like very low output is heard. Is that normal EMG behaviour?

Then, turning the neck volume down 100% as well, the guitar is quiet. Same happens when 3-way selector is on the neck pos. Que? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: Out of phase crosstalk with EMG\'s

That's normal with guitars with two volume controls. It does it in my Hamer that's V/V/T with EMG 81 25th anniversary set. A few people here have asked that same question in the past couple months. You can do two types of wiring for that... either master or independent. Rick at EMG said it happens in Gibsons and that it's pretty inherent in two volume guitars. I also read that on the Les Paul Forum one time. Rick sent me a schematic of the two different wirings; let me see if I can find it and I'll send it to you later.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No problem. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just came back home and PMd you. I don't know why it's not letting you send me mail. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I have my options set so anyone can email me, and I get spam crap all the time. Strange.

Comment

Off-topic, but: What's the story on your avatar, Joe? It's hilarious. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehehe! Thanks. I like it, too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I saw it on some other board a couple days ago and thought it was great, so I decided to use it. I think I got it off the Hamer board. VitaminG said he's seen it on another board, too.

Comment

Thanks Joe, i sent you a PM because i still get errors when trying to email you #¤""!"%#
            Henrik

Comment

I think that AOL is SPAM blocking my server or domain. If i am correct then [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              Henrik

Comment

It's a simple matter to change the wiring so each volume pot works independently. If your pickup is wired to the outside post of the pot and the switch is wired to the center post just swap them. Move the pickup lead to the center post and the switch to the outside.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X