X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler fixed (ir-)repairable?

heythere,

I've got the Kahler APM3310 on my KV-1.
    Now, there's such a little bridge connecting the fine-tuner with the thing which holds the strings balls end ( got it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ).
    This bridge did break ( don't ask me why...)!

Do you have an idea whether this is repairable or not?

Re: Kahler fixed (ir-)repairable?

Yes it is. You can get the part on ebay. There is a seller called axeparts or something, and he sells them.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

WWW.AXEPARTS.NET!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Or you can try here:
        www.shitloadsofkahlerparts.com
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Is it the string hook that holds the ball end of the string that broke? If so, that's a common break on these trems. The replacement piece will look like this old ebay auction:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41407

To replace it, you first detach the segment that holds all the string ends by removing the 3 screws on the underside of the trem. Once, removed, you need to tap out the metal rod that goes thru the entire segment. I use a 3/8" pin punch for this, and all you need is a decent whack with a small hammer to get it out, then slide out the old piece, slide in the new one, and tap the rod back in place.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

hey thanks alot. you guys r really fast!

Well, no it aint the hook, it is the bridge connecting the hook with the actual fine tuner.

What this is a common problem?
            I is european, so what do u think? Shall I order some more spare parts? [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes it is I had a KE-1 and my B string fine tuner/hook piece broke several times.The 3310 seems to have a lot of problems.I'd still have the KE-1 if it had a floyd.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well, no it aint the hook, it is the bridge connecting the hook with the actual fine tuner.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So do you mean that the hook is able to hold the string, but moving the fine tuner up and down doesn't do anything? If this is it, it means the piece under the fine tuner broke off, and this piece is the same one as the string hook piece (but just the opposite side of it), and the repair would be the same as I described above.

If it's another problem, you'll have to elaborate a bit more, or give us a photo to see what's broken and the best way to fix it.

As you can imagine, these pieces are the weak points of the trem. I guess they weren't made with tempered steel. Maybe when/if Kahler starts making them again, they'll make this part out of a stronger material.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                X