Pickup rings: Gibson vs. Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup rings: Gibson vs. Jackson

Are the dimensions and/or screw positions of Gibson plastic pickup rings different from those of Jackson? I still haven't been able to find chrome pickup rings for the Armstrong humbuckers in my RR2, and the only logical conclusion I can come to is that the rings are Gibson-type, as I've had no problem with finding metal rings for Duncan and DiMarzio pickups. Oddly enough, I've never seen any Gibson-branded replacement chrome rings, which is what prompted this question. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    sigpic

Re: Pickup rings: Gibson vs. Jackson

A lot of the older Charvel / Jackson guitars used a pickup ring with larger outside dimensions and screw spacing. If you want chrome ones I have yet to find a source. Dave (Budman) makes the only replacements I know of but I don't think he can do them in chrome as of yet. He does make some killer looking polished aluminum ones though, they may be what you need.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I just ordered an aluminum pickup ring for my dk2 which budman has to custom make. When I get it I can let you know how close to chrome it actually looks. If you take a look at his website www.fretsonthenet.com it has a pic there of them. Budman will work with you and make what you are looking for I'm sure. He is a good person to deal with.

Comment

And the aluminum shouldn't ick* out, like chrome can.

K

* A technical term.
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hey Keith, is "icking out" kinda like rusting? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Polished aluminium tends to oxidise though (getting greyish and losing luster over time), unless it is anodized.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
              Polished aluminium tends to oxidise though (getting greyish and losing luster over time), unless it is anodized.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">or proffesionally clearcoated..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] and chrome chips and peels.

Dave-&gt;
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                proffesionally
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                  or proffesionally clearcoated.....
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...that works too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X