Volume cuts out when I max it on guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume cuts out when I max it on guitar

I just purchased a DKMG about 3 months ago and I'm having problems with the volume knob.
    When I turn it up all the way, the volume increases. The second it stops turning (maxed out), the volume cuts out completely. If I back off the volume just the tinniest bit, it turns back on.

Any ideas on what is causing this? I'm not very good with guitar electronics so I'm not sure where I should start looking? Do I have to replace my volume knob?

Thanks for your time,
    Meaty

Re: Volume cuts out when I max it on guitar

Just replace the volume pot and you should be ok.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I agree with Stuka. Changing the knob won't make much difference. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Alright, I guess a new pot it is.

Now is there a specific type of pot I need? (i.e. jackson specific). Or will any volume pot do?

Is this normal to have to be replacing the electronics on a 3 month old guitar?

Thanks everyone,
        Meaty

Comment

Try a little contact-cleaner spray first,might be a much cheaper/faster fix!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

I was gonna suggest contact cleaner too, but I thought of Ken's Warrior. From now on, I'll replace the $5 pot, rather than risk a refin.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Just get a standard 500K audio pot.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

If you are going to get a pot, buy a good one too. THe price difference between a crappy pot and a good one is only like 1-2 dollars, and they are well worth it. Moral of the story-you get what you pay for when purchasing pot. I mean pots. Potentiometers...you know, for guitars. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll second that!
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X