SIT strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIT strings

Anyone try these? I got 13 sets for $3.50 a set. So far They seem pretty good they hold up well to floyd abuse.Put a set on my MIM strat and they are doing great.So what experiences have you had with SIT strings.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

i used them a long time ago and never had any problems with them. worked just fine.
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

SIT strings

> There used to be a Lay's Guitar Repair in Kenmore,Oh,a suburb of Akron that was also their store front. You could go in and get anything you wanted string-wise,pretty cheap and right-now. Even custom gauges weren't a problem,they just pulled out a big drawer with singles in every conceivable size,and hooked you right up. Bigger discount for quantity too. The strings themselves are as good as any,and better than most. Tommy D.
      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

That is all I have used for a long time, got them for 4-5 bucks a pop. But they are impossible to find here lately. At least the the ones "I" use. Weird cuz they're made 30 miles away from here. No stores carry the "whole" line around here and I've emailed with them trying to find full line distributors to no success. Nice guys tho.

Always used Electric, Power Wounds in a yellow package. 010-046 or 052. Seems they changed packaging lately, as the yellow packs are "Power Flats" now. So, it gets a little confusing ordering online for me.

Current package for what I use:

Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 05-18-2007, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I have hammered the floyd equipped guitar over the last week and the SIT's are still very alive not dead at all.I'm impressed.I like the free B and E string in each set.
          I bought the remainging stock the guy had.9-42s
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I bought a patch of those and I like them.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I don't think they are as bright as some other strings when new, but they stay the same and for quite some time. Definitely MY string of choice.

Some strings sound really sparkly new, and are dead-ish within a day, or so... Cough hack.. Ernie Ball.. Cough cough...

Comment

Working...
              X