Licensed Floyd replacement studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensed Floyd replacement studs

Does anyone know if the mouting studs for a JT658LP are the same as for a OFR? My studs look worn down and have grooves in them and I think this is causing my bridge not to intonate properly after a dive.

Also, does anyone know where to get the licensed locking nut for this? guitar center is telling me that fender has the part on back order and they are not expecting to have them in until AUGUST...

Thoughts?

JT580LP? Then yes, OFR studs and inserts are a direct swap here. When (if) you try the new OFR (Schaller) stud inserts in your guitar and they seem too large to fit the whole, don't use excessive force or hammer them in. Drill to the correct size. But many users can retrofit without any mods needed.
    Last edited by jackson1; 05-17-2007, 09:51 AM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

i agree...ive measured my OFR bushings and my JT580 bushings and theyre both the same diameter. but ive seen some people try to install OFR bushings and end up cracking the wood. a good rule of thumb is, if you have to use excessive force to try and push them in, then you need to open up the hole a little.

if you make it too big, its easier to dowel and redrill than to try and glue a crack in in that part of the guitar.
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Don't they just screw into the inserts on both models? My studs are machine screw type threaded into some inserts that are receeded into the wood.

I thought I found some online the other day by Schaller that were pushed straight in. I couldn't see how this would work well though...

Comment

Floyd bushings are press fit, not threaded. Very secure fit.

The old ones were screw in type.

-Rick

Comment

Working...
          X