Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Strings and slotted tuning peg posts

Hello...

I have never owned a guitar with slots cut into the tuning post, only small holes which you run the string through...

I recently bought a relic'ed guitar with slotted-style tuning pegs and really had a harder-than-expected time changing the strings...:ROTF:

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am hoping someone can tell me how to start the process...Do you bend the string after running it through the slot? Is there a loop/tie?

Doesn't seem like it would be much different? Is it really that hard?

Comment

The problem I kept running into was that if I held it with enough tension to begin winding it, I wasn't able to get a sufficient number of wraps around the post...If I held it slack enough to make enough winds, it kept slipping out of the slot...

I figure there has to be a "correct" way to do this...

Man, I know I am a noob now, lol!

help!

Comment

Insert the end of the string straight down into the hole (don't wrap it around the post). Then, while it's in the slot, with your thumb or finger holding it in, begin winding the tuning knob (you do use a string winder, right?!) As it wraps around the post continue to hold the end down in the slot. Eventually, as you wind more and more turns, it will lock against itself.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
        X