Jackson pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pickup question

Both of my model 88s have the factory J85 in there and they sound great. They sound a little fuller and warmer to me than the J90s.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Jackson pickup question

The 88s should have the J95s go back and check.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm sure Mark is just having a bit of brain fade as I believe he's already told me they have the 95's in them right Mark? Or am I the one having the brain fade? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Off topic, but you mentioning "brain fade" made me think of the Overkill song of the same name, and now I have to go listen to it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Jackson pickup question

My Jackson has a J-85 pickup in the bridge. I haven't heard much about them around here. What are they comparable to? J-85 is hand written on a round blue sticker on the bottom of the pickup. Were these custom pickups or was that just how they were labeled?

Comment

Yes it was brain fade! I don't now what I was thinking, I just saw the 5 and well...ya know! Yes the 88s have J95s. Sorry guys, my mouse clicking hand is faster than my brain sometimes. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            About the 85s though, I don't recall ever seeing one but I think I've heard of them in some USA Jacksons, not positive though.

Comment

Yep. It's in a USA Dinky. It sounds good, has some good bottom end if you like that (I do), I don't really have anything to compare it to other than the J-50BC that was in my model 4. I just got a Duncan Invader that I put in a GMW Star body that has the neck and trem from the model 4. Haven't wired it yet, but I cant wait to hear how it sounds.

Comment

That's a cool axe! Nice combo of neck and body. I think you'll love the Invader, I have them in several of mine and they have become one of my fav pups.

Comment

Play with the string height till you get it right.The invaders are great pickups.They are very sensitive to string height tho'Once you get it right harmonics will jump out all over the neck. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X