Jackson "X2N" Style p/up???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson "X2N" Style p/up???????

I just got a Jackson "X2N" style pickup off of e-bay. I noticed that the adjustment screw holes have been drilled out to big for any of the screws that I have. Can this be fixed?

Also if any one can give me the specs on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Jackson "X2N" Style p/up???????

I just sold a Dinky with one of those pups in it. Sounded really nice. You can fix the mounting problem by getting a couple of #3-48 nuts at the hardware store and epoxying them to the tabs on the pup. This is the most common size but to be sure you should bring the screws with you.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Or if you have access to a kickass soldering iron, you could solder the nuts in place. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It would have to be a high wattage iron tho', or it probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

Comment

Thanks mm for the advice. I'll give that a try.

It has the thicker bars like an X2N.

Comment

Cool. Let us know how it sounds! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
            Or if you have access to a kickass soldering iron, you could solder the nuts in place. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It would have to be a high wattage iron tho', or it probably wouldn't be able to handle it.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BE very careful with it too!! Heat will de-magnetize the pickup.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: Jackson &quot;X2N&quot; Style p/up???????

I'm probably not gonna solder the nuts to it. I'll use mm's advice and use an epoxy.

I hope it sounds good as well. I'm gonna put it in the bridge of my DX-1 Pro to replace the DD 102.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

It will sound great. I have that pickup in my 91 Charvel Avenger. It looks like an X2N but with thicker blades. It has thick smooth high gain output.It sounds like a hotter version of a Dimarzio DP100 to me.

Comment

Does the pickup actually have the bigger, thicker bar like an X2N or is it thinner blade like a Bill Lawrence pup? If it's the thinner bar, it's an imitation Bill Lawrence... Jackson used to use those in some early '90s guitars. Never seen one that actually looked like an X2N.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm going to sound like a major a$$hole here, but wouldn’t getting the right size screws be the easiest thing to do? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lantz:
                      I'm going to sound like a major a$$hole here, but wouldn’t getting the right size screws be the easiest thing to do? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It would be, but he said the holes were DRILLED OUT too big.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RR_YJMFAN:
                        drilled out to big for any of the screws that I have.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, maybe I misunderstood... If there is no thread then he would have to go with the solutions mentioned.

Comment

Chris gets 10 minutes time out for not reading the thread thoroughly! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yah yah, I didn’t read it thoroughly and I kind of missed what he meant by drilled out. Oh well, so I look stupid on the forum once again. But when someone says the adjustment screw holes are “too big for any of the screws that I have” I kinda think WTF. I was also having a hard time believing that someone would drill out the adjustment screw holes so they would not be able to accept a screw, albeit people do, do stupid things.

Anyway sorry for being an arse, I was just more curious about his than anything as I didn’t really get the jist of the RR_YJMFAN’s original post. RR_YJMFAN, I hope everything works out well for you. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Chris, no problem man. Sometimes I don't word thing just right, so maybe it's partly my fault. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

To clarify, the guy I bought them off of on e-bay (or someone before him), had apparently drilled out the holes way bigger than neccessary, and all the extra adjustment screws I have lying around will not fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X