JT-6 Trem Pop In Arm??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 Trem Pop In Arm??????

Where can I buy one of there either New or Used? Is it worth it, or just retrofit? I would still like to buy one or 2 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Re: JT-6 Trem Pop In Arm??????

Jack,

Find an Ibanez dealer, believe it or not, the Ibanez bars (I can't remember their trem model sorry) are the same configuration and will work with the JT6's.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thank you Dave [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If anyone knows the name of the Bar or has one for sale, I am very interested, especially for a Black one [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

The Ibanez edge takes the same bar. I also know that Kevin Easton has one NOS left but it doesn't have the bushings. I have a few extra sets of bushings if you need a set. I also have a bar that I got from Dave if you want it. It's kinda pitted so you'd probably have to sand it down and paint it or something but it's a freebie if you want to screw with it.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Is the pitted one Black or? Does it have the bushings? I know nothing about the JT-6 trem ,so I am learning as I go kinda thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thank you-Jack.

Comment

The JT6 bar is chrome. If you want black, get the Ibanez bar. The Ibanez bars seem to have less problems, IMO. The JT6 bar's bushings seem to wear down quickly for some reason. I had them replaced on my Model 6 when there was a little play/wobbling on the bar... it helped, but the problem developed again a month or so later, and I wasn't even using the bar that much. I didn't have any problem with the JT6 system itself staying in tune, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok Joe, but I called all of the Ibanez dealers in my area and they said they didn`t have any, but they could order me one, I bet they kill me on price for that being a single order? Anyone have an Ibanez dealer near them with a Black one in stock? If so, could you do me a favor and buy it and I will pay you for it and the shipping? Thank you-Jack.

Comment

No, this arm is black.

Comment

Yes, Charvel/Jackson did make both colors of these bars, both chrome and black. I believe the earlier models had all chrome and then they switched to black later on.

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                    No, this arm is black.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">An actual black JT6 arm? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I've seen JT6s in black and chrome, but I've never seen a black arm on one.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

mm2002, you have PM Sir [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I found a guy that sells Ibanez parts called Ibanez Rules. He said they don`t make the Sure Grip arms anymore, but has a new one in Black for $40 Shipped, that seams high. He said the originals had foam on the bottom of them? He said I could buy a regular Ibanez pop in bar and a sleeve accessory, $18 for the bar and $4 for the sleeve, what gives with this guys stuff? Jack.

Comment

Got ya covered Jack!

Comment

Working...
                          X