Korina vs. Mahogany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korina vs. Mahogany

Both are $60 options for a body wood choice in the Jackson Custom Shop online quote form.

Anyone know of pros and cons for each?

I'm gettin' close to ordering a JCS Soloist archtop with 1/8" maple cap, and this is one of the questions I haven't resolved yet. Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Korina vs. Mahogany

Here's a good description of body woods...

Warmoth site

From your other post, I'm guessing you might be thinking of a spalted maple cap on that archtop? See my response there. You might want to ask whether they can use spalted maple on an archtop - not sure that would work.

Comment

mahogany body w/flame top, maple neck, i would get the entire guitar in trans amber or leave everything but the top natural, but im a sucker for natural wood.

Comment

Thanks. I'm kinda giving up on the spalted idea, since it sounds like it's very difficult to work with. I'm going with a flame maple top instead, in Trans Amber.

Now I'm wondering if I should go with a mahogany body, stained reddish (like they usually do mahogany) or maybe a korina body stained amber, to match the rest of the guitar. The reason I'm thinking of doing this is that I want an oiled, maple neck (ebony fretboard), and I don't want the back of the guitar to look too disjointed, with different colors in the neck, body and top.

Comment

Working...
        X