J50B: comparable pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J50B: comparable pickups?

Two questions about the Jackson J50B pickup (the one that came with US made Fusions):

First, I have hard time figuring out which Duncan or Dimarzio pickup could sound similar or comparable to a J50B?

Second, does anyone know if J50B (as opposed to J50BC) means that it doesnt have a ceramic magnet?

Originally posted by max View Post
    Second, does anyone know if J50B (as opposed to J50BC) means that it doesnt have a ceramic magnet?
    Yes, it has alnico magnet in it. Hence the C in J50BC .

Comment

Seymour duncan JB Humbucker, Dimarzio Paf pro or super distortion. should be close Paf pro has less Ohms.

Comment

Originally posted by 59custom View Post
        Seymour duncan JB Humbucker, Dimarzio Paf pro or super distortion. should be close Paf pro has less Ohms.

PAF pro all the way. Then I'd go with the JB, but any vintage alnico pickup will do.

Comment

IMO the JB and SD sound nothing at all like the J50B, its more like somewhere between a ´59 bridge and a 59 Neck model....

Comment

I'm with Zerberus.I love the J-50 alnico version.Very smooth and mid range like a 59.I had a Gibson melody maker with a classic 57 and it was quite close tonewise to my 87 Jackson super strat with the J-50s (with the mid boost turned off.)The J-50 ceramic type are too shrill like a JB and work well with a 300k pot.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X