JE-1000/mm-04 wiring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1000/mm-04 wiring problems

As fanboy as this sounds, I have an RR with a single pickup (emg hz-h4) and single volume.

I have a JE-1000 clone (MM-04), and the jackson wiring diagram is shitty (to say the last).

I'm no n00b when it comes to electronics, as i've built countless stereos, scanners, guitar electronics, and rewired amp boards. However, I CANNOT figure out the JE-1000.

They have a built-in volume pot (it's PLASTIC in the MM-04, but good) and such. Anyway, it was one lead that just says (connect to pickup). Long story short..

I need a COMPLETE wiring diagram/instructions on how to wire this up. I've tried every combination i can think of which either results in splitting the pickup coils (running in single coil)or grounding issues (when I turn my amp on it's instant feedback).

So. HELP!

hmmm,
    I think that the wires from the EMG should be as follows:
    Black & White are wired together and left alone,
    Red Goes to the pickup in on the MM-04, should be a green wire coming from close to the Pot,
    and Green(from the HZ) Goes to ground on the pot casing with the remaining wire, but in this case I think it should simply go to ground anywhere...

also, make sure the trim pot is turned to at least 1/4 before you plug it into your amp..as 20 decibles is a lot of boost.

Past that, on the MM-04, from top to bottom,
    Red and Black wound around each other is for the 9v battery
    The orange(Its called Red in the Je-1000 diagram) should go to the Sleeve of the input jack
    The white goes to the tip of the input jack,
    and the Black goes to the ring of the input jack.
    and the last Black (closest to the edge of the PCB on the bottom right hand corner goes to the System Ground.
    Hope it helps, let me know either way, I've gotta wire one up pretty soon as well.
    Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
      hmmm,
      I think that the wires from the EMG should be as follows:
      Black & White are wired together and left alone,
      Red Goes to the pickup in on the MM-04, should be a green wire coming from close to the Pot,
      and Green(from the HZ) Goes to ground on the pot casing with the remaining wire, but in this case I think it should simply go to ground anywhere...

also, make sure the trim pot is turned to at least 1/4 before you plug it into your amp..as 20 decibles is a lot of boost.

Past that, on the MM-04, from top to bottom,
      Red and Black wound around each other is for the 9v battery
      The orange(Its called Red in the Je-1000 diagram) should go to the Sleeve of the input jack
      The white goes to the tip of the input jack,
      and the Black goes to the ring of the input jack.
      and the last Black (closest to the edge of the PCB on the bottom right hand corner goes to the System Ground.
      Hope it helps, let me know either way, I've gotta wire one up pretty soon as well.
      Allen
      I actually figured it out the other day.
      I have green (from the h4) wired the system ground, and the two are grounded to the spring plate on my floyd rose. (Since all grounds are common on this thing, I didn't think it would make a difference, and is where the pickup was grounded via the volume pot originally.)

The funny thing about the jackson wiring diagram (which was supplied with the MM04), is it's VERY detailed when it comes to wiring the battery, and the stereo jack, but not when it comes to wiring the pickup (obviously partially due to different companies use different colours, but come on! They could have at least said "Lead goes here... lead goes there lol")
      Last edited by Rkirby; 05-10-2007, 01:21 AM.

Comment

How the hell do I get my hands on an MM-04? I've tried e-mailing Musamaailma to no avail - they just won't get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
          How the hell do I get my hands on an MM-04? I've tried e-mailing Musamaailma to no avail - they just won't get back to me.
          I got ahold of them via email.

I contacted them thru [email protected]
          A guy named Kai helped me through the whole process. They'll ask you which model MM-04 you want (3 eq or 4, I have the 3), and then send you an invoice. You take the invoice over to your bank, wire the appropriate funds to Musamaailma. About 6-8 days after they receive your payment you'll get your MM-04.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkirby View Post
            I got ahold of them via email.

I contacted them thru [email protected]
            A guy named Kai helped me through the whole process. They'll ask you which model MM-04 you want (3 eq or 4, I have the 3), and then send you an invoice. You take the invoice over to your bank, wire the appropriate funds to Musamaailma. About 6-8 days after they receive your payment you'll get your MM-04.
            Thanks! I'll just have to try again then.

Comment

Working...
            X